Easy Trail for newbie- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Easy Trail for newbie

New to SLC Area - Any suggestions?

Apr 2008
    lambert park in alpine. lots of terrain options and small loops so you can go for as long or short as you want.

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    Go to UtahMountainBiking(dot)com web site and they have great trail description. Pick for yourself.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Not sure just where you are but there are many options from Muler Park, BST, Pipeline, and many others. Like the fore mentioned Utahmountainbiking is an excellant source for local trail info and conditions.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Like everyone else

I wonder what part of town you are in.
    I would agree with the Muller park suggestion. Its a great ride, pretty, not super steep or technical. The North salt lake section of the BST is not for beginners. The climbing is too steep to be fun for a beginner. I don't know the draper section that well.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Thanks for the suggestions - I'm in Riverton.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Just around the corner in Heriman you have Yellowfork, The trails twist and wind offering a few different possibilities as well as the opertunity to hone your skills (not to mention its close). The only thing is the equestrians ride it a lot so they and their flies are potential obsticals.

mtbr member
    Where is the yellowfork trailhead?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Second Lambert

I second Lambert Park in Alpine, it's a good place for newbies - the South end of the park tends to be a bit rocky so keep a timid newbie on the trails near the rodeo parking lot.

Also,
    - Mueller Park in Bountiful
    - Dog Lake & Pipeline trails up Millcreek Canyon (Bikes allowed on upper trails on even days - Memory trick for this, think bikes, 2 wheels, even days)
    - Dark Trail in Settlement Canyon in Tooele is a somewhere I take a lot of newbie riders.
    - Timpanookie loop in AF canyon (Utah County)

As someone suggested, www.utahmountainbiking.com has descriptions, picts, directions to these and many others.

-SM

Members who have read this thread: 0