easy trail- Mtbr.com

Thread: easy trail

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

easy trail

The wife and I started ridding a few weeks ago. Most so far has been the paved path way around Ogden. We would like to move up to single track trails and I have researched the ones by Snow basin which from all I can tell are fairly easy. Wheeler, Maples camp ground, East fork and Middle fork trails, are these good beginner trails? I am a little worried that I might get my wife hurt, as an old forester I can handle myself in the woods and the bumps and bruises but I don't need the wife flying over the handle bars or taking a wild ride through the brush. So are these trails good to go? Any other suggestions, something wider then a single track?

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Mueller Park in Bountiful is going to be about as easy as you can get for singletrack.
    Bonneville Shoreline above Kaysville is another one to try. I've heard the Shoreline above Ogden is nice but I've never ridden it.

dedicated beater
    May 2009
    If you're just tasting single track for the first time, come on down to Salt Lake City and try the Mill Creek Pipeline trail. The easiest ride would be to start at Burch Hollow and take it all the way out to the overlook above Salt Lake City for a beautiful view and a decent sampling of different types of easy singletrack. When you're done, stop off at the Wing Coop for some tasty eats and cold brews/drinks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Some of the lower trails at Snowbasin are beginner as well. Green pond, Last Chance is a bit harder. But, Wheeler Canyon and Maples are fairly smooth. There are a couple of steeper and rockier spots. Shoreline Trails above Ogden are good beginner, but they are crowded.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    I've found the best introduction to classic Utah mountain biking terrain is a jaunt down either Thieves Forrest or Fireswamp after at least 20 days of zero rain.

1/4 semi-pro
    i lik to ride the shoreline trail to bobsled
    not anti-bobsled

Members who have read this thread: 0