Is early November still a busy time for Moab?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Is early November still a busy time for Moab?

I booked room for early October and will more than likely be traveling alone. I have a friend who wants to go but I think when push comes to shove I should be prepared for a solo trip. Therefore I am targeting a long weekend trip to maximize the potential to ride trails where there will be a fair amount of traffic and the potential to hook up with a shuttle crew or a group that may be willing to adopt me.

From a work and family perspective, early November makes a bit more sense than early October but if Moab and more importantly the trails see far less traffic in Novemer vs October I would just go in Oct.

For what it is worth, minimally, I plan on riding the following: Slickrock (I love this trail and may even try to get more than one ride here), Porcupine Rim (figure do the shuttle route here) and finally Sovereign (just sounds cool)
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The crowds have thinned considerably towards the end of October. Sounds like a great time to go. You'll always find somebody to ride with, unless it's mid-January.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Members who have read this thread: 0