Early February too early for Moab?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Early February too early for Moab?

I may have the opportunity to sneak out to Moab for a long weekend (maybe Feb 6th-9th) and wondered if it will just be too darn cold or if the weather will too unpredicatable for the area. I cruised through the utahmountainbiking site and it sounds like the trails I am most interested in riding (Slickrock, Bartlet Wash, Poison Spider) are designated to have a riding season from Feb-Nov. Porc Rim's reputation spooks me a bit (I ride XC and not too much downhill/freeride) and I am not too upset that trail might not be rideable.

What would I be getting myself into?
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    It's a good time of the year to ride in Moab. Average highs in Feb are right around 50 degrees F. You should be good-to-go!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Crap Shoot

There is no way to know what the weather will be, or trail conditions. It could be 50's and sunny, it could be 20's and snowing. It could even be foggy and raining.

If I was spending a lot of money on the deal, I wouldn't risk it, but if it is a 'just passing through' situation, it is always worth a shot. There can be great riding any day of the year in Moab, you just can't depend on it Nov. through March.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Feb 24th 2007 was awesome - but I didn't get there any other weekend in Feb.

Members who have read this thread: 0