Draper DH workday- Mtbr.com
    ride more.
    Nov 2004

Draper DH workday

Sorry for the late notice, but ...

Draper DH workday this Saturday May 9 from 900 am - 12 noon - brought to you by WAFTA.

Note: Please bring your own tools. We will have some available, but we may not have as many as we have had in the past.

A whole new lower section of the trail has been cut, but is not yet tied into the existing trail. We will be tying the two sections together on Saturday, in addition to adding some additional flow/features to the trail. Come on out and help figure out where to build jumps, alternate lines, etc. It should be good.

We will have shuttles at the bottom so that we can work our way down making improvements, then shuttle people to the top to their vehicles. We may also get some laps in when we are done.

Weather should be beautiful this weekend. See you there.

Team Sanchez
    I just moved to Cedar Hills from St. G, so I'll be available for trail work/design from now on. I'll be back in St.G for the next 3 weekends finishing the move, but come end of May, you'll see me and my Highline up there.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

mtbr member
    Will be there with shovel and gloves. What types of tools in particular should one bring other than a shovel?

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Draper will be providing pulaskis and mcleods. Those tools are the best for building, in addition to shovels (a I am sure you already know). I think that a few people will be bringing chainsaws, though I am not sure how much sawing needs to be done tomorrow until the remainder of the lower trail is flagged and approved by Draper. We will be connecting the lower trail to the upper, likely fixing/extending some berms, and doing other maintenance work from the winter.

Stoked you are coming. Be sure to bring your bike for some laps afterwards.

mike

NOT Team Sanchez
    That's awesome what y'all are doing up north, you're lucky to get El C although he'll make you lift all the heavy rocks and name your stunts strange things
    I like bikes.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Thanks man. I am stoked to see what you are doing down south and look forward to hitting the new AMA when it is finished. I love your (and the other Southern builders) work down south. It is the only thing that keeps me sane on the weekends when I am jonesing to ride in the winter up here. Next time you get up this way, shoot me a PM and we'll hook up for some rides with El C.

Mike

NOT Team Sanchez
    Mike, have I met you before? Are you the guy with "Brother's Bikes," on the side of your truck? And have you done the AMA before? If not, I'll give you the tour as long as you don't publicize it..........sorry gotta keep it DL.
    I like bikes.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

I am not the guy with Brother's Bikes on the side of my truck, but I think we have ridden down south together before. I have an older Subaru wagon with a green Ells Joker and a DHR. I used to go down every other weekend in the winter to ride for several years during law school. I have met El C at Desert Cyclery (I think) and have met and ridden with several folks down there in the past.

Not sure if I have ridden AMA. I have ridden some of the newer stuff in the area that is un-named or rogue, so even if I had ridden AMA, I may not know it, or at least I act as though I dont know it.

Either way, would be sweet to hook up and get the personal tour with you when the trail is complete. I will send you a PM next time I get down to St. G.

NOT Team Sanchez
    hmmmmn, maybe.......anyhow, def look forward to riding with you here and there.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Mike, have I met you before? Are you the guy with "Brother's Bikes," on the side of your truck? And have you done the AMA before? If not, I'll give you the tour as long as you don't publicize it..........sorry gotta keep it DL.
    That's Enoch Tatton, owner of Brother's Bikes. Awesome guy who supports the local scene.

Members who have read this thread: 0