Draper DH okay?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Draper DH okay?

Dr. Pepper drinker

Draper DH okay?

Anyone down there able to tell if the new DH project is in jeopardy? Hopefully it makes it through the burn okay.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    I thought the same thing, kinda funny. There's a huge fire right next to a residential area and we're hoping the trails are ok.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedeber
    I thought the same thing, kinda funny. There's a huge fire right next to a residential area and we're hoping the trails are ok.
    Yeah, at the time KSL was reporting that no homes were threatened so I was more curious about the trail since I know how hard people have been working on that project. Since the news has now changed to homes being evacuated I'm definitely a little more concerned about that aspect.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Zak
    Discernibly Turgid
    Jul 2004
    Seems like the fire is a ways north of the trail - at least according to KSL.

mtbr member
    Looking at it from work I don't think they're close at all, but I didn't look too carefully.

mtbr member
    It is north of corner canyon, but some of the trail looks like it got roasted..Looks like mainly above the green gate entrance to the fire road. Luckily the wind kept blowing it northward, its not anywhere near the new downhill project.... Heres some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I would never wish ill on anyone or want someone to lose their home...but you have to wonder if *maybe* some restraint could have been used before we developed the hell out of the foot hills...california lessons anyone? Maybe some required reading for county commissioners and developers: John McPhee's "Controlling Nature" or "Assembling California" ... a bike trail will recover from a fire, homes burning costs us all. Okay, stepping off soap box now.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

True. DH trail is safe. The fire would actually have to cross Traverse Mountain road and come really close to some houses to get the the DH trail. Some of the other corner canyon trails may be affected, however.

As for the Draper DH trail, we are going to start working on it heavily again in the next few weeks so it will be rideable for the fall. It has just been way too hot the last 6-8 weeks. I'll post details when we have them planned.

mtbr member
    If the fire went as far as the DH then I would be homeless. I think we dodged one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux
    Some of the other corner canyon trails may be affected, however.

My brother took these photos yesterday morning.Looks like the BST over from the fire road to the stake center (near pepperwood) got torched. That area had a crap load of brush on it and was hard to ride anyways right??
    I tried to ride corner yesterday as well and they had the trail heads roped off at the EQ center so I went up to the TH by the temple. It was roped off and a sign said any violaters would be arrested if caught in CC. Hopefully they open it back up soon...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0