Draper DH?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Draper DH?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Draper DH?

Anybody see whether the snow has destroyed it? Good to go? Anyone?

ride more.
    Nov 2004

I live at the bottom, and there is still a few inches of snow in my yard. It *may* be good on Friday, but doubtful. The top section gets too snotty when it snows and doesnt really dry out more than just melt off and stay sloppy.

It may be done for the season, especially considering the next storm scheduled for Saturday.

I'll check snow levels tonight when I get home frmo work and post an update tomorrow morning.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Some of the snow melted yesterday, but there is still quite a bit in the shade. My guess is that the upper part of the trail is still pretty snowy, and that the bottom may be muddy. I wouldn't want to go ride in those conditions right now, just for the sake of my bike and the trail.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'll stay away - maybe till Spring, huh?

stevelloydphoto.com
    May 2008
    I rode jacobs yesterday and it was good, but ghost falls had quit a bit of snow on it. I assume that Draper has more snow on it due to if north facing slopes.

ride more.
    Nov 2004

Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    I'll stay away - maybe till Spring, huh?
    Your call. I guess it depends on how much snow we get tomorrow. It may be good this afternoon, but there is still a bit of snow in the shade. And as Steve mentioned, much of that trail is on north facing slopes, so I don't think that it will be dried out yet.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slloyd
    I rode jacobs yesterday and it was good, but ghost falls had quit a bit of snow on it. I assume that Draper has more snow on it due to if north facing slopes.
    a bit more info?

what trails did you ride to get there and back? You said snow on Ghost falls...have to assume Clarks is wet too....yes?

The north-side Ghost falls trail seems like the best possible ( mostly in the sandy stuff till the end when it goes in the woods )

just curious if i should try this today before the snow ... but don't want to waste time fighting the mud.

thx.

Members who have read this thread: 0