Draper??????- Mtbr.com

Thread: Draper??????

mtbr member

Draper??????

Question...

I just moved to Draper and I took my maden voyage yesterday on the trails back behind the temple lot. But first I rode all over the neighborhood of McMansions looking for any spot to cut back behind the houses to the trails. Long story short, I ended up riding on the golf course trying to cut back to the trails. Once I got there I wandered around and ended up on the boneville shoreline heading north.

While I was back on the trails behind the temple lot I saw some trails that looked like they headed East towards Highland/Alpine. Do those trails go up over the saddle down in to alpine area. What are the trails like. Is is a long ride. I think I will go exlore them on Sat but a little extra info might help.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    I just saw a link to a site here that had a decent map of the Draper side:

http://www.drapercommunityfoundation...oTrailsDay.htm

There are some trails in the Suncrest development but they're probably still snowed in or sloppy. I stumbled across a map once ago but have no idea where it is. I'll try and dig something up and post again if I find it. I've never ridden much in corner canyon area but moved to Draper last fall so I'm up for doing a bit of exploring out there myself. Only managed a couple of rides in the area before the snow.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Good trail map. Thanks, Prof!

EG -- I'll be in the Corner Canyon area around 7-8am. We'll be riding all the trails in CC and the shoreline section out to the gliders. You're welcome to join. PM me if you're interested. I hear things are in good shape, my brother and another guy were out last night in the area and had a great ride.

mtbr member
    That map was very helpful, thanks.

Tell me what the jacobs ladder trail is like. where does it go?

Thanks for the quick info.

ucme,
    I may pm you for tomorrow. thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Jacob's Ladder is a wolf. A dirt road that goes up very steeply. Rideable, but a grunt. The trip down is much more fun! Then, rather than heading back down on the jeep roads you go to the right (west) and take a super-fun single track that follows a ridge back and gives some great riding! Can you tell I'm hoping it's clear tomorrow? Jacob's is essentially an out and back -- it goes up to a great look-out point and a hiking trail that heads into a wilderness area.

mtbr member
    thanks,

are there any trails that connect corner canyon all the way to lambert park in alpine?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    None that I know of that are "kosher". qtip will be with me on Saturday morning and he may know of something. There are many jeep roads that wind around and you should be able to link the two areas without too much trouble.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    EG,

looks like we'll be in the CC area a little earlier, maybe 6/7 am. Just FYI.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Map?

Ok...I went to that link and could not find the map? Anyone save a copy of it or direct me to exactly where it is?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    The link I tried before shows that the page can't be found. You can click on the Trail Info link on the left in the green box, and click on Trail Events Map, or you can try this link - http://www.homevitality.com/trailsmap.html which was different than the one I saw earlier but still looked to be OK.

Good luck, if you get the missing page message you'll probably want to contact somebody on that website.

Members who have read this thread: 0