Downhilling rental?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Salt Lake rentals?

I'm planning on downhilling at Deer Valley Labor Day weekend. Looking for a place to rent a freeride or downhill bike in the Salt Lake area. I called Deer Valley MTB shop, but they only have XC bikes for rent. Can anyone suggest a bike shop for rentals? Also, what other resorts in the Salt Lake area are good for downhill?

Thanks
    Last edited by davefromNJ; 08-04-2005 at 08:24 AM.

DOH!
    There's a shop - I think it's Stein Erikson - right across the street from the upper lift parking lot/garage that rents Konas. They usually have some Stinky Dee-Lux's that are set up more DH-oriented. Deer Valley used to rent RM7/9's, but I guess they didn't update their fleet with the RMX. Too bad.

Park City Mountain Resort offers lift service, though there's no real (legal) full-on DH runs. You're kinda stuck with DV if you want terrain worthy of a gravity sled. If you do rent a lesser bike, then by all means try out Park City Mtn Resort. There's lots of fun stuff (non-DH) there.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SprungShoulders
    There's a shop - I think it's Stein Erikson - right across the street from the upper lift parking lot/garage that rents Konas. They usually have some Stinky Dee-Lux's that are set up more DH-oriented. Deer Valley used to rent RM7/9's, but I guess they didn't update their fleet with the RMX. Too bad.

Park City Mountain Resort offers lift service, though there's no real (legal) full-on DH runs. You're kinda stuck with DV if you want terrain worthy of a gravity sled. If you do rent a lesser bike, then by all means try out Park City Mtn Resort. There's lots of fun stuff (non-DH) there.

Have fun!
    My buddy runs the Stein Erickson shop and is a rad guy I would definitely rent from them. They have Kona Stinkys, Stabs, and at least one RMX Pro. I hope this helps you out.