Downhill Trails Clear of Snow or Close To It?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Downhill Trails Clear of Snow or Close To It?

Hey just wondering if anyone knows of any DH/FR trails that are clear of snow and ready to ride. I know the bobsled is good to go and have been on it which is some good stuff, but would like to hit some other places if they are open. I was up little cottonwood canyon the other week and it looked like the LCC trail may be opening up soon. Any info would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Driving up to Alta today it looked like Temple Quarry still had snow below the bridge...which means everything above that is probably a month away from being good....

It was snowing at Draper DH yesterday

I rode Eagle Mountain last weekend and had a lot of fun there.

stevelloydphoto.com
    May 2008
    Bountiful should be money right now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I rode Draper DH today, there was a few muddy puddles here and there but its defiantly rideable

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by slloyd
    Bountiful should be money right now.
    I heard through a little birdy that the lower stuff is good to go, but the upper stuff/sections are still quite wet.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbike1990
    its defiantly rideable
    I approve of that style.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Bump, with the weather the way it is and assuming it continues, what trails will be opening up? I only know of the bobsled and eagle mountain as of now that are good to go.

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    Draper is probably close. For those interested in doing some volunteer work on the trail, we will be meeting tomorrow at 430 at the bottom. I believe that the plan is to walk the trail from the top and fix berms, etc. that may have been damaged during the winter and snow runoff. Anyone interested is welcome to come and help out. Be sure and bring tick repellant. They were out in force a few weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Lower Bruce at Bountiful is good, not sure how much higher you can go yet, but lower is good enough to shuttle on!

Will be there saturday.
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I am not familiar with the bruce trail, I have been on a lot of the other dh/fr trails but not Bruce. If you could pm me with directions to the trail and where to store the shuttle car that would be awesome.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm thinking about going on Saturday too. From someone's directions (I believe Krispy) on here I think the trail head is at 40.909577,-111.835961, (google map it), and do you park the bottom car in the parking lot?
    Thanks

Cannondale17
    Apr 2006
    hey guys i'm new to the utah forums here, but live out by american fork, i haven't heard of the draper dh trail yet could someone pm some directions on how to get there?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kasadude
    hey guys i'm new to the utah forums here, but live out by american fork, i haven't heard of the draper dh trail yet could someone pm some directions on how to get there?
    http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/DraperDH.htm

Cannondale17
    Apr 2006
    sweet thanks guys, and thanks for the links looks like good sites

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hey so I know the bobsled and bountiful b(never been on this trail, it would be awesome if someone would pm me with where it starts and where to leave the shuttle car and whatnot). How are the draper dh, bobs basin and the lcc trail from tanner flats and the other trails looking?

ride more.
    Nov 2004
    Draper probably needs one more dry day. The weekend should be great if it doesnt rain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I rode Draper Sunday and it was completely dry. I know that was before the storm, but I'm guessing it's good to go by now. I will be there or Bountiful Friday morning if anyone wants to do some shuttling.
    Bountiful was ok except for the first section up top on Bruce's Sunday. I'd guess that top section is still a no-go after the Monday AM storm. I could be wrong though
    www.quinnphoto.smugmug.com
    07 S-Works Enduro SL - Sold
    08 Epic Marathon - Sold
    2012 Stumpy EVO 29er frame up build

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    How does the Bountiful shuttle ride compare to Draper? I've only ridden Draper.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Bountiful would be the state's most popular shuttle spot were it not for the shuttle itself. If it were like the Draper ride up on Traverse Ridge Rd, people would be all over it. Still fun though. A notch up from Draper as far as difficulty and jumps, but none are really mandatory.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn
    How does the Bountiful shuttle ride compare to Draper? I've only ridden Draper.
    Besides the actual shuttle itself as per Mr. PeeTown, Bountiful actually flows and has berms put in the correct place. Plus you can't beat 3 fairly big hip jumps all in a neat row down a gulley with a nice, soft grass landing should you f#ck up as per the individual in the Bobsled video circa the Downhill/Freeride Forum.

Bonus is there's a never ending supply of really fat chicks, wearing Daisy Dukes, riding on the back of Uncle Larry's quad with their Texas Welcome Mat tattoo peeking out from under their size 18 butt floss underwear, helmetless, while shooting their .22 over your head for that extra bit of added Freerideness.

Notice I capitalized 'Freerideness.'

Only drawback is that it gets hot as hell up there during the Summer months, which are now the new Fall months.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You had me at

Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    size 18 butt floss

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    Bountiful would be the state's most popular shuttle spot were it not for the shuttle itself. If it were like the Draper ride up on Traverse Ridge Rd, people would be all over it. Still fun though. A notch up from Draper as far as difficulty and jumps, but none are really mandatory.
    Way way more fun that Draper, but crappy shuttle and all the rednecks with guns scare me. I have heard bullets go whizzing by over my head out there before at the gully hip jumps. We army crawled back up the hill with our bikes to escape.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Way way more fun that Draper, but crappy shuttle and all the rednecks with guns scare me. I have heard bullets go whizzing by over my head out there before at the gully hip jumps. We army crawled back up the hill with our bikes to escape.
    One way to make the shuttle less crappy is to not ride the last gnar section that kicks you out in the gulley of death and into the neighborhood until your last run. It takes a good 5-10 minutes off the shuttle time if you risk your life trying to turn a truck around on the blind corner right before that last section and hitting everything above it over and over.

Obviously that doesn't really help out with the Beverly Hillbillies hunting dinner up there. I just use precaution and leave my carbon antler helmet and fur brown TLD race kit at home.

Members who have read this thread: 0