Downhill Bike Rentals in Salt Lake- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Downhill Bike Rentals in Salt Lake

Hey I am wondering if anyone knows of a shop in the valley where I could rent a downhill bike for a day?

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    I always rent mine from Contender on 9th & 9th.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My last rental from them for a DH race ruled. Complete with a rainbow, aero wheel, titanium coil shock:

mtbr member
    DAVE!
    Those Humdinger prototype photos were absolutely not supposed to be leaked until we have finished the retractable carbon fibre top tube. Now everyone is going to think I ride a girls bike.
    [email protected]!

Oh by the way Deer Valley will have Giant Glory 1 DH bikes for rent this summer.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    DAVE!
    Those Humdinger prototype photos were absolutely not supposed to be leaked until we have finished the retractable carbon fibre top tube. Now everyone is going to think I ride a girls bike.
    [email protected]!

Oh by the way Deer Valley will have Giant Glory 1 DH bikes for rent this summer.
    Speaking of, does anyone have a guess on when Deer Valley will be opening?

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    That bike will rip Sunset.

dedicated beater
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay
    There is a ton of snow up there right now. I'm guessing it won't be until after June 18 at the earliest -- the date listed on their site.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Speaking of DV, anyone know what the conditions are at Sundance? Supposedly they are going to open for business this Friday. After seeing how much snow was on the north facing side of PC last weekend, I can't imagine things being clear down there.

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay
    Or WHAT will be opening....is it still true no more thieve's forest and fireswamp? Rumor is they are building something new....? Let the e-speculation run amuck.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    Or WHAT will be opening.
    A can of Whoop As$ if you restart that dumb 'new freeride trails terrain park input needed ASAP!' crap .

Yeah, that's a blue frown thrown in there.

Blue frown.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    was up there last week just to check it out...looked not too bad. i don't see how it's gonna be clear enough for the race next friday.

i know a few people that are going super early tomorrow to be the first on the lifts but i'm not super confident it will be open.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpearson
    was up there last week just to check it out...looked not too bad. i don't see how it's gonna be clear enough for the race next friday.

i know a few people that are going super early tomorrow to be the first on the lifts but i'm not super confident it will be open.
    Supposedly a good friend has/had plans on doing the same thing today, minus the race to get first tracks in the mud, to practice for next weekends race.

I recall last year driving down to practice the weekend of and getting in one very muddy practice run (followed by $6 worth of quarters at the carwash) before Sundance shut the lifts down.

I guess we'll all be in the know a bit later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slcrockymountainrider
    Supposedly a good friend has/had plans on doing the same thing today, minus the race to get first tracks in the mud, to practice for next weekends race.

I recall last year driving down to practice the weekend of and getting in one very muddy practice run (followed by $6 worth of quarters at the carwash) before Sundance shut the lifts down.

I guess we'll all be in the know a bit later.
    haha...i loved practicing last year!!! The shoot of snow through the fire road was pretty steller. It was crazy though, the day after they shut down the lifts, it was just perfect. one of my buddies said that all the trails were pretty dry except the dh course was closed. not sure the plan there

Members who have read this thread: 0