Does the Moab liquor store sell Everclear 191?- Mtbr.com
    just ride

Does the Moab liquor store sell Everclear 191?

Before you call me a lush, I use it as fuel in my pop-can stove.

.....and maybe add it to coffee. Once in awhile.
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    lol

bike me, then beer me

use gas line anti-freeze...

...it will be a lot cheapter and all you need is "de-natured" alcohol right? that is all that is in these $1 yello containers (De-Ice?). I used it for my DIY pop can stove, works great. Everclear would be way too expensive to burn, but I see your point if you are gonna also drink it (ugh).

just ride
    Quote Originally Posted by brewidaho
    ...it will be a lot cheapter and all you need is "de-natured" alcohol right? that is all that is in these $1 yello containers (De-Ice?). I used it for my DIY pop can stove, works great. Everclear would be way too expensive to burn, but I see your point if you are gonna also drink it (ugh).
    I have done that, but SLX and Isopropyl are poisonous, especially the de-icer variety, so I dont want that being transported with residue on the stove inside of my pots. I hear even a drop of the de-icer can cause blindness. I am using Everclear so in case of accidental ingestion, its only a good time, not a trip to the hospital.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    not a trip to the hospital.
    That kinda depends on the quantity ingested. DABC's on the other side of the state have Everclear, I would assume that Moab would. The correct answer is just a phone call away.

http://www.alcbev.state.ut.us/Stores/store27.html

just ride
    I called. They stock it. 200ml for $4.99. They are gonna think Im nuts when I buy 5 bottles.

Really I am that slow
    I have done that, but SLX and Isopropyl are poisonous, especially the de-icer variety, so I dont want that being transported with residue on the stove inside of my pots. I hear even a drop of the de-icer can cause blindness. I am using Everclear so in case of accidental ingestion, its only a good time, not a trip to the hospital.
    Takes quite alot more then a drop.... it does however build up in your system thats were the stories of blindness and such came from during probation ect... did a bit of reading on this with some home distilling and then working for Stranahans

I use a small 6-8oz plastic bottle to store my de-icer... (fuel) and then wipe the pay with dirt... i do put my stove in a ziplock or something like if i store the stove in the pot...

I find the de icer (heet) burns very nice and hot as well....

just my .02
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    ask for them at the counter they usually have them hid

Underskilled
    Corect me if I am wrong, but it is methanol that can cause blindness if injested (due to oxidation when being digested),
    Isopropyl alcohol isn't that bad, you would be getting micrograms of it on your plate, for harmuful effects you need over 10g.
    There is methanol is most things alcoholic, everclear will have meth in, as does fruit juice and probably tap water. Just in low quantities,

Concentration is relative to toxcity, Smoke a cig, you will be fine. Take the nicotine out of one cigarette and inject it your heart would stop.

There is nothing wrong with useing meths to heat a stove,

In addition both compounds are highly flammable, it will be at least semi broken down before it hits the plate. blue flame = good combustion, yellow inneficient.

so if your flame burns blue you should be perfect.

What makes you think these things are bad, what level of science have you been trained too?

Underskilled
    On a side note, if you do accidentally drink methanol, (it can happen, swig from the wrong bottle).

Drink lots and lots of strong alcohol fast! so a couple of bottles of everclear would do it.
    There is an enzyme in your stomach that makes it toxic, if ethanol is present it will go for that instead.

I should stress drink, if it soaks through your skin, or get into a cut it is harmless; it becomes toxic when an enzyme in your stomach oxidises it, no enzyme to harm!

So LOTS of ethanol.

ironically, if you have a mouthfull of methlyated spirit you will be harmed, if you drink the whole bottle the methanol won't do anything. You will probably get alcohol posion, but that's not so bad.

Another way of getting rid of that enzyme is to vom,

so basically vomiting and necking everclear is the cure for meths posioning.

Members who have read this thread: 0