mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Does anyone frequent the Layton Shoreline?

Hey all,

I live near the Layton Shoreline and ride it pretty often. I lack riding buddies and find myself riding it halfway and turning back when I can't convince a friend or family member to give me a ride to the trailhead. (Riding it from North to South is fun but going the other way is an a**kicker is my opinion and I rarely have the juice to ride to the end and go all the way back)

If anyone rides that trails often it would like to partner up so there can be a shuttle vehicle at the end / beginner then feel free to contact me.

On second thought, this applies to pretty much any trail in northern utah.

Thanks.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    I ride the Bonneville Shoreline trail between Farmington Canyon and Layton pretty regularly, but I've only driven a couple times to the trail head at Fernwood. Where do you usually ride from?

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Sorry for the late response. I thought I would receive a notification but I didn't.

I've actually never realized there was a section between kaysville and farmington. What is it like?

I usually park at the Fernwood trailhead and ride to the kaysville trailhead.

Mtn Biker Machinist
    The trail between Fernwood and Farmington Canyon is a little iffy in places. It's taken me about a year to figure out a continuous route from my house either north to Layton or south to Bountiful. I start at the Shepherd Creek trailhead because it's a mile from my house. There are trails and dirt roads that will take you all the way to the "B" in Bountiful, but the best singletrack is between Baer Creek and Hwy 192 in Layton, which is the northern limit of the BST until you get near Weber State.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I ride out of Fernwood as my go to trail. I either head south ending up below the gun range and then I climb up and around the top of the range and join up to the regular BST. About 12 miles I believe for there and back. Also theres a loop to the north that's shorter and much more technical. When do u guys ride? Hope to do an evening ride sometime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk