The Dirt Series returns to Park City June 19-20- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

The Dirt Series returns to Park City June 19-20

Hey folks,

We're back again for one of our favorite camp locations (at least it is one of my favorites because I'm from SLC). This year Trek has come on as our new new title sponsor, and we're working with Jans Mountain Outfitters to make it a perfect weekend. I'm really hopeful that Deer Valley will open on time, so we'll finally be able to include some of the lift-access trails as well!

Lots more details at www.dirtseries.com, and you can find us on Facebook also at www.facebook.com/dirtseries. Feel free to pm me with questions if you want. I'm including the full PR-ish stuff below.

Hope you're enjoying the white stuff in the meantime (we just got over a foot up here at Mt Baker, so it's hard to concentrate on anything right now...).

Happy trails,
    Courtney

--
    Imagine handling switchbacks with ease, approaching drops with confidence, and smiling at whatever climb or descent comes your way. Then imagine a weekend filled with incredible riding, great camaraderie, and top-notch instruction, and check out the Trek Dirt Series Women’s Mountain Bike Camp, coming to Park City and Jan’s Mountain Outfitters June 19-20, 2010.

The Dirt Series program has been running for nearly ten years, delivering professional instruction and super-fun times to over 5000 people. It teaches cross-country, freeride, and downhill techniques to beginner, intermediate and advanced riders. Everyone is arranged into groups according to ability and interest, so no matter what your level, you can progress exactly as you’d like.

Mornings are spent learning step-by-step skills, and afternoons incorporate those skills onto the trails. Saturday night features in-store instruction, maintenance clinics, bike set up opportunities, food, drinks, and prizes.

The Trek Women Demo Team will be attending the event, so this is also a great opportunity to test out some of the newest and best bike technology around. If you’d like to love mountain biking more than ever before, this is your chance.

If you’re interested in coming to camp, visit www.dirtseries.com to register soon. Over 50% of the past Trek Dirt Series participants were referred by their friends. If you know someone who would benefit from an experience like this, please pass the info on.

In 2010, the Trek Dirt Series will offer fourteen women’s specific and two co-ed mountain bike skills camps in BC, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, and Colorado. The program is supported by Trek, Sugoi, Fox Racing Shox, Dakine, Luna, Bell, and a host of other fantastic sponsors. For more information, visit www.dirtseries.com.

scars > tattoos
    am noob. want to go to this. badly. hoping someone loves me a lot for my birthday (in may). deer valley is slated to open the same weekend as the utah camp, so maybe?? back to dreaming.

Bored Carp
    This year, the snow is super weak, so I bet it will open on time.

I have always wondered why the dirt series is in SLC in June and not Moab or Springdale in April. Springdale would get you the LV crowds, and Moab is a great destination. The upside to both is that the teaching areas wouldn't be under snow...

I am guessing that part of the reason is proximity to the airport/population, but Utards aren't afraid of a little drive, and a weekend at MTB camp in Moab sounds like a lot of fun. Esp. since everyone could camp or hotel in the same places. My 2 cents.

Anyway, the series has had previous struggles with the snow, it seem like there is a calendar adjustment that needs to be made.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Hey chuky,

Yeah, it is always a dance, because we don't want to be there when its much later and hotter, and we have to schedule the Utah camp in conjunction with the Colorado camps (and those camps in the middle of all the other camps, you get the picture... It's kinda like Jenga with mountain bikes.) But Park City sells out every year, so still it's a desirable location for a number of reasons. We're ok with not being super close to metro areas per se, and Moab has definitely been on our list to consider before. That said, we're going to have a camp in Fruita this year, so hopefully that will scratch the SW riding itch enough for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    This year, the snow is super weak, so I bet it will open on time.

I have always wondered why the dirt series is in SLC in June and not Moab or Springdale in April. Springdale would get you the LV crowds, and Moab is a great destination. The upside to both is that the teaching areas wouldn't be under snow...

I am guessing that part of the reason is proximity to the airport/population, but Utards aren't afraid of a little drive, and a weekend at MTB camp in Moab sounds like a lot of fun. Esp. since everyone could camp or hotel in the same places. My 2 cents.

Anyway, the series has had previous struggles with the snow, it seem like there is a calendar adjustment that needs to be made.

Members who have read this thread: 0