Dimple Dell question...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Dimple Dell question...

So, this morning I decide to go over to Dimple Dell to ride something other than Shoreline (zoo to dry creek) again. I ride a lot in the AM (6:30 - 8:00ish), but usually with my dog. I'd never ridden DD before, and of course when I got there (1300E parking lot) I immediately saw the dogs on leash notice.

So, what's the scoop on dogs? Do they police it on weekdays? What about AM? Is it only on leash between 13th E and 30th E? Is it ok to have a dog off leash between 13th E and 1st E?

Thanks for any info.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    You do realize that the law also requires you to have your dog on a leash on the shoreline trail as well, right?
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian
    You do realize that the law also requires you to have your dog on a leash on the shoreline trail as well, right?
    Someone who posts frequently on here has some recent epic helmet cam footage of dogs not on leashes on the Shoreline.

Watching it reminded me of old WW2 fighter combat footage where he would have been the pilot that ran out of ammunition and was desperately trying to get away using an arsenal of evasion maneuvers and tactics. At first everything is going his way, but the sheer numbers start to overwhelm his fragile senses. In the end his flight gets cut short when he's taken out while trying a 'chicken' maneuver against 3 black labs standing in the middle of the trail 20 yards away from the owner who has their back turned while talking to a neighbor, and obviously he loses.
    He is made to feel to better when the owner turns briefly and says "oh don't worry, they don't bite' as the labs encircle and finish him off.

Truely epic.

*Insert Iron Maiden's Aces High here.*

Don't go messin' with my Albatrose!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    I have to say I'm very disappointed. I mean I know that there is a movement in this state to get grades 9-12 removed or something along those lines.

But not even one jab at someone running a helmet cam on the Shoreline in April???

It's a true story BTW and features a couple MTBR members (sorry I wasn't 'cool enough' on my gaper bike to be included), about 30 crazy off leash dogs running in front of them, stopping, getting in the way and covers a total of 4 QuickTime segments.

It's not the fact that their ride was continually chooched by dogs, nor that one of them couldn't keep up and in the shot 90% of the time and you see him or her salmoning all over the trail way off in the distance trying to speed pedal to keep up. But the fact that there is footage out there of an epic Shoreline Trail ride a couple weeks ago.

Just handin' this stuff out like it's candy. Almost as easy pickins as the pathetic Match.com wanna be my Orem/Provo riding buddy empty cricket chirp thread that popped up the other day.

Oh well... Maybe the person with that sweet footage can post it up here....or the Orem/Provo guy's thread to add some zing and pep to it.

mtbr member
    Your posts always crack me up SLCRMR .
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    I filmed a pipeline dog/helmet cam video but I am not sure it's the one you were talking about... some stills below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dimple Dell question...-dogs1.jpg  

Dimple Dell question...-dog3.jpg  

Dimple Dell question...-dogs2.jpg  

Dimple Dell question...-dog4.jpg  

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    The second one from the bottom looks familiar, but I don't recognize any of the other pics. But I haven't ridden Pipeline since the first week in January.

Funny, I actually have one of those wheel driven battery chargers on my new hardtail. It came with the new ADD Tune option (which now replaces the botched MX Tune experiment) from PUSH and powers a SHOV'D Specialized BRAIN shock they strapped to the seat stay with Stan's Yellow Tape.

Members who have read this thread: 0