Did you know..SuperCo?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Did you know..SuperCo?

Right here in Salt Lake City handbuilt dirt jump hardtail mountain bikes are made, and soon more offerings will be around including downhill bikes. Currently 26" and 24" frames are available directly from SuperCo.

www.ridesuperco.com

Chris 'Doc' Bourdreaux Meticulously fabricates these steel beauties from scratch and uses the finest True Temper Super Therm tubing you can buy.

Take a chance to read up on the history of this guy- he's far too modest to talk about it himself, and wanted this off the site but i talked them into putting it back up...

http://www.ridesuperco.com/2008/landscape/

Onto the pics of the greatest handling, most fun to ride hardtail i've ridden!

Crazy short 15" chainstays are made possible by offseting the seat tube, and using plate sections to join the chainstays to the BB. notice the Mid BB which allows big BMX bearings to directly press into the frame for strength and lightweight. The short stays are a rarity with 26" wheels and allow incredibly quick handling for easy manuals and skatepark fun.

The dropouts, everything you need and nothing you don't

Slip fit integrated 45 degree bearings are the BMX standard and once again save weight and increase durability

The details are easy to spot on these frames. These are not just overgrown, overbuilt BMX frames, they are intelligently light, forgiving and still strong. Much thanks to Doc and Terry for getting this frame into my hands!

Krispy
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-31-2008 at 01:36 PM.
    Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Love my Satellite!! Doc and Terry were awesome to work with. I agree Crispy, the best dirt jumper that I have ridden, by far.

Turned out to be a lightweight -

Practicing spins last night -

All shined up and ready for a trip to Whistler, gonna be a blast in the Airdome working out my 3's, maybe we'll even get inverted...

mtbr member
    Know 'em, like 'em, want one.

Members who have read this thread: 0