DH trails around here?- Mtbr.com
    I think we should go back
    Nov 2008

DH trails around here?

Hello,

I am looking for a downhill trail to do that isn't too far from sandy utah at about 2300 east 9400 south. I am not expert at DH and the absolute highest drop i would do is 6 feet to tranny and with smooth landing and everything. I am like an intermeddiate rider, I have been doing the temple quarry trail if you would consider that a DH but I am in need of a change. I am pretty brave when it comes to drops but I chicken out on jumps and stuff! I was thinking the Draper DH as long as there isn't anything too crazy there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mtbr member
    The current Draper DH trail built by WAFTA is a blue trail. There are no mandatory jumps or drops on that trail. Every stunt has a safe line to one side. So, you don't have to hit anything you don't want to.

Make sure you have a shuttle plan so you can do a few laps in a row. Each lap gets better and more fluid.

I say current trail because a second trail is under way that will be more difficult.

Nov 2008
    ahhh ok thanks rogue builder. Would you consider the Temple quarry a DH trail, or just a difficult XC trail? Because I have been practicing going as fast as I can without losing control on that trail My fork is a 120mm fork and a 5 inch travel frame and I only use 70mm of travel from top to bottom of temple quarry so it isn't that smooth.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Depends what you mean by Temple Quarry trail. . . but most would likely say it's a simple XC trail. PM me for more info if you want.

Mar 2009
    <<<< error >>>>>
    Last edited by larryonabike; 09-01-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Nov 2008
    Ok thanks I will hit up the draper DH sometime.

Members who have read this thread: 0