DH scene in Park City?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2007

DH scene in Park City?

Guys,
    Thinking of a trip to Park City in July. Is the DH shuttle scene worth it? Compare to Mammoth or Whister.

If so, what mountain has the DH (so I can stay at the base). Thanks!

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Deer Valley runs lift service daily starting in June I think?

It doesn't compare to Mammoth or Whistler. But you don't have to share the mountain with tons of riders either. There are no wide open A-Line style trails, the black diamond trails are tight, rocky and steep. Don't miss Thieves' Forest, Fire Swamp or NCS.

Definitely fun, and worth the trip if you want to ride someplace new and beautiful. But DV isn't a "bike park". There isn't much trail maintenence and there aren't any services that you might find other places.

If you post on this board again closer to your visit, you might be able to hook up a guide for a couple of runs on Empire, a series of trails on a different mountain that require a vehicle shuttle. There is also a fun backcountry trail about 10 miles from Park City called Moose Hollow (one of my favorites, lots of posts and pics here in Utah if you look around)

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by mxnmtber
    Guys,
    Thinking of a trip to Park City in July. Is the DH shuttle scene worth it? Compare to Mammoth or Whister.

If so, what mountain has the DH (so I can stay at the base). Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0