desert cyclery boys, help?!- Mtbr.com

May 2005

desert cyclery boys, help?!

hey, any of you dudes that work at desert on-line? i had 100 bucks to do up my wife's bike. i first talked to the shorter store manager and he was gonna help me get it going nicely. i mostly needed a rear wheel. well, after 1.5 weeks of waiting, i called back today to see how it was going and kong answered and took on my bike. when i went to get it, i ended up spending 86 dollars, so under what cash i had, but i don't feel like i got what i needed. he sold me cables and housings, (some of which didn't fit) and two tires, which i didn't think i needed. i put all that stuff on the bike, and it still rides like ****. either the wheels or tires are lopsided and it rides like a DI bike. unfortunately i only have like 20 bucks left to finish the thing off. should i pay somebody the 20 bucks to get everything dialed in correctly and just have her suffer through the lopsided wheels, or should i put that money toward getting the stuff i hoped to get when i originally went into the shop, namely wheels?

I railed it like Kong
    You're not going to get any answers to that online. That is something that you need to take into the shop and discuss with them why the changes were made. Also why your wheels feel the way they do. Call and ask for Andy today.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

I railed it like Kong
    I asked Andy what the deal was. They did not do any adjustments or work to it because you told them you were doing everything yourself. You wanted the most important things replaced. Cables, housing, tires were the most important keeping it under 100. They were going to true the wheels, which needed to be done badly, but again you wanted to do all the labor yourself. Nothing was lubed, tuned, adjusted.

Did the bike run like **** before you replaced that stuff? And you thought tires and cables was going to turn a junker into new bike. You need to pay someone to tune it up right.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Feb 2007
    I consider the guys at Desert Cyclery some of the best "wrenchs" in the western U.S. They help me maintain 12 rental bikes...Watching them work on a bike is like watching a master violinist tune an instrument. However, only God can perform miracles. Desert Cyclery has a great reputation here in St George. You should take your problem to them rather than complain on a forum. (By the way, other than being a customer, I'm not affiliated with DC in any way).

Members who have read this thread: 0