Deer Valley Super D?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Deer Valley Super D?

I'm thinking about running the Super D race on Sat. This will be my first mtb race so, I'm wondering what the course is like, where it begins and ends (I'm familiar with most runs up there) and the total length.

Also, if any of you have run it in the past let me know how it was. Any tips or advice is appreciated!

I'm riding a Bottle Rocket that is around 38lbs. My main concern is the amount of climb vs. descent. I'm a pretty experienced climber, but I don't plan to hang with any of the gnarcore XC guys on the climbs.. I would say I'm better at descending. I can ride pretty much everything at DV, although not as fast as I'd like.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    DRIDE, I guess this is late but none-the-less....the Deer Valley Super D is epic. In fact I recently read an article where Mark Weir mentioned it yet he's never raced it-so word is getting out. The NORBA event starts at the DH gate and runs to the right under the bridge and meets up with the Four Square trail whereas the UT Downhill Series has an uphill to flat start and meets up where Four Square and Devo intersect. It's not technical at all, just fast and flowy. If you're not in shape you may be in for a surprise but a lot of big guys race it and do fine. The Super D crowd, for the most part, is very laid back and it's all good fun. You'll find guys on hard tail 29ers racing guys on full on DH bikes in full body armor.

If you didn't make it down to Brian Head this past weekend you missed probably the most 'technical' Super D course I've heard of, seen or raced. Krispy put together a run that was raced by a few guys on El Cuervo's and single rings. It still had plenty of pedaling up top but how many Super D courses do you know of with 3 double jumps stacked right in a row?

You still have plenty of time for the Sundance race the first weekend in September. It's fairly flat and pedally so put your lycra on and train like Lance for the next few weeks.

If not, plan on racing it next year. It may be rerouted due to construction, hopefully it won't affect the upper part which is a blast to ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0