Deer Valley Condo location question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Deer Valley Condo location question

Looking at two condos in Sept. One down by the base from what I can figure (Lakeside Cir), and one at mid mountain (Silver Lake, Ridgepoint Rd).

Base area one is cheaper, bigger and has a 2 car garage to store bikes (we may bring extra bikes if we have a garage!)...... It looks to be a simple pedal across the parking lots to the base area.

Is there any big reason to consider going up to mid mountain (would have to store bikes in unit or on deck)?

We are currently only planning to buy lift tickets one day. We may however do some of the XC trails around there. Only planning to bring one vehicle so shuttling anything would likely have to be a commercial outfit.

Frame Building Moderator Moderator
    Not really. If you want to do XC riding, you're probably better off lower down, honestly - can finish most rides with a descent that way (though not everything as DV is a ways above PCMR).

The only advantage to staying higher up at the base of the bike park would be if you're planning nothing but lift riding.

-Walt

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Not really. If you want to do XC riding, you're probably better off lower down, honestly - can finish most rides with a descent that way (though not everything as DV is a ways above PCMR).

The only advantage to staying higher up at the base of the bike park would be if you're planning nothing but lift riding.

-Walt
    Thanks Walt, that's pretty much what I was hoping to hear. Not having to drag bikes up stairs, through a condo (without leaving a mess on someones carpet) and cramming them onto a balcony sounds pretty nice. (Not to mention being like $200 cheaper!). Maybe we'll even bring the road bikes as well now.... (OK, probably not).

We're hoping to limit driving for dinners, etc.. hoping between the buses and maybe some stuff near enough to walk or ride to at the resort that we can park the truck for the most part.

mtbr member
    The bus system is extensive and easy. You won't need to do much driving once you're there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    The bus system is extensive and easy. You won't need to do much driving once you're there.
    That's great. Went to Sedona a couple years ago and barely drove for 4 days.... it was really nice!

mtbr member
    cobi you've probably made reservations by now, but I wanted to add +1 to previous comments. You'll be close to the DV base area & the free bus system.
    After years organizing trips to PC and now living here, I don't think I'd stay at Silver Lake--it feels distant from town (though fine for skiing/riding past, and for very occasional brunch at the Glitretind--yum).
    DV has been moving their bike operations down to their Snow Park base area, and as part of that effort I think they'll finish a new flow trail down to Snow Park this summer. For a lift day I like some of the lower trails as much as the upper ones.
    And, a bigger place with a garage for bikes is so helpful... Enjoy!
    <edit> the new blue flow trail on the lower area, Undertow, is now open.
    Last edited by lkgeo; 06-14-2019 at 02:22 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lkgeo View Post
    cobi you've probably made reservations by now, but I wanted to add +1 to previous comments. You'll be close to the DV base area & the free bus system.
    After years organizing trips to PC and now living here, I don't think I'd stay at Silver Lake--it feels distant from town (though fine for skiing/riding past, and for very occasional brunch at the Glitretind--yum).
    DV has been moving their bike operations down to their Snow Park base area, and as part of that effort I think they'll finish a new flow trail down to Snow Park this summer. For a lift day I like some of the lower trails as much as the upper ones.
    And, a bigger place with a garage for bikes is so helpful... Enjoy!
    We did book. From what I can tell, we are down on the very south end of Lakeside Cir (backed up to Doe Pass Rd and Lot 4) which appears to be a short pedal from the base.

Now just need to figure out what we'll ride each day.......