decent rideable trails near Kolob reservoir- Mtbr.com
    Mat

Aug 2004

decent rideable trails near Kolob reservoir

Hi - we are a couple of Scottish freeriders planning to come over and check out the rampage - we would also love to do some riding whilst we are there - does anyone have any tips as to which trails to check out and of a good bikeshop to hire rigs?

any help appreciated

Jan 2004
    As far as bikes, I'd contact Georg's bike shop in Brianhead, UT. They are located about 45 minutes north of Kolob Resovoir, but they offer rentals and shuttle services. I think they are the only ones to offer anything with 5"+ of suspension, and those are K2 Attacks. There are several trails off Brianhead peak, but I would not consider them freeriding as they are almost entirely without stunts or large drops, but very fun without. Brianhead peak is at 11,000 feet, and the trails are typically 7-14 miles of singletrack. If you are looking to do some rides like what you'll see at the rampage, contact forum member "shuntavi" and he can help you with trails in the Virgin area. Check out the website www.utahmountainbiking.com for pictures and videos of the local trails. PM me if you need anymore specific info.

PS- You'll enjoy the rampage, I've been for the last 2 years. Also, if you fly into Vegas, you can rent better bikes from down there. Check here for Santa Cruz Bullits: http://www.lasvegascyclery.com/rentals.html
    Last edited by trevor_2k; 08-26-2004 at 07:15 AM.