Dear Diary....slcrockymountainrider related- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

Dear Diary....slcrockymountainrider related

[SWEET BLOG]

Star Date: 63150.4 (http://www.suckit.com/slcrockymountainrider is a wanker)

Dear Diary,

Thank you for all the posts riddling MTBqueeR asking that every manufacturer 'PLEASE' manufacturer a 29er. While I can respect and even understand the idea of such a large medium in hardtail fashion, the desperation of these folk to be accepted is making the world extremely hostile.

Having said that, could someone PLEASE manufacture a 29er dirt jumper? I haven't laughed in a long time and have forgotten how.

And thank you for all the inquisitive minds out there concerned with correct tire choice for any ho-hum XC ride, in Florida. On a hard tail. On a trail that is only 3 miles long. Posting Thread after Thread asking the same stupid questions. As if to say, "Hey, I'm going to ride here pretty soon. Look at me. Anyone. Anyone? Bueller?" Had these people seen the light and purchased a 29er they would know what tire to use. The only tire. A 29er tire.

And And thank you to Oilcanracer for pointing out and going into great detail in his blog what the 'F' and 'R' stand for on the side of a tire. Here I was thinking a 2.1 29er tire (as was pictured) had an 'F' printed on it for Freeride. And the 'R' for Rowdy.

And And And thank you Intense for producing some sweet looking $40 (retail) bolts that love to work loose and fall out on the trail.

And And And And thank you Maxxis/DT Swiss for making such a tight fit that I have to use an army of metal levers to fix a flat.

And thank you to my friends for not leaving me when it takes 30+ minutes to fix said flat and I start crying because my arms are tired after I get to 15psi.

That's all for today.

XOXOXOXO
    slcrockymountainrider

[/SWEET BLOG]

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    "F" doesn't stand for Freeride! What about DHF? Don't tell me!

Jesus!

Well, I checked out that blog of his and. . . Dammit! You're right!

I do have an apology for Oilcanracer. . . We've never met, but looking through your blog, I noticed some riding shots from Big Cottonwood Canyon. They all seemed to involve a 29er Lefty (with lockout, of course) being ridden up the paved road. I try not to be mean, but there is an uncontrollable reflex in my brain that makes me shout "ghey!" at the top of my lungs when I see someone pedaling a mountainbike up that road as I pass by in my car on the way to go ride my mountainbike on actual trail. My voice usually goes up in volume two fold when that mountainbike is a 29er. . So. . Sorry. I don't know or even care if you're ghey or not, it's just an uncontrollable reflex.

BTW- - everyone knows the best tire for Superflat in Dos Neuve, FL is a 29er tire. Hooks up like no other really.

Homer's problem child
    Dude, if you are going to rip off my "Dear Diary" format at least use the proper stardate.

I mean I even included a link in my thread for the people not cool enough to already know how to calculate the stardate.

B
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

Chumley for prez!
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    "F" doesn't stand for Freeride! What about DHF? Don't tell me!

Jesus!

Well, I checked out that blog of his and. . . Dammit! You're right!

I do have an apology for Oilcanracer. . . We've never met, but looking through your blog, I noticed some riding shots from Big Cottonwood Canyon. They all seemed to involve a 29er Lefty (with lockout, of course) being ridden up the paved road. I try not to be mean, but there is an uncontrollable reflex in my brain that makes me shout "ghey!" at the top of my lungs when I see someone pedaling a mountainbike up that road as I pass by in my car on the way to go ride my mountainbike on actual trail. My voice usually goes up in volume two fold when that mountainbike is a 29er . . So. . Sorry. I don't know or even care if you're ghey or not, it's just an uncontrollable reflex.

BTW- - everyone knows the best tire for Superflat in Dos Neuve, FL is a 29er tire. Hooks up like no other really.
    There I fixed it for you.....SLCRMR won't know what you are talking about otherwise.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Love it

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. welcorn
    There I fixed it for you.....SLCRMR won't know what you are talking about otherwise.
    Thanks. I am special.

Fragglepuss The Chaste

I Shaved My Balls For This?

What cracked me up about that Oilcanracer, and thus my ribbing, was his attempt at ridiculing larryonabike (yes I know him. Obviously he's not Mo, but he does have a shady military background which makes me really nervous when he's crashed out on my couch and starts punching the air in his sleep. Can't wait until the morning when I wake up and he's spooning me in some wierd, tight grip that I can't get out of.)
    Probably not wise to rip on someone by telling them you're going to go out of your way and don a lycra kit and pass and repass someone as a joke-when you wear a lycra kit 99% of the time you ride. Then to post a picture of your Freeride bike in the kitchen and call the guy mr.awesome. That pretty much took the cake. Or at least the cake on the dirty plate in the sink.

Got a good laugh off that one.

Members who have read this thread: 0