Current Conditions around Moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017

Current Conditions around Moab

I've got a bit of free time the next few days and was wondering if anything around Moab is rideable. I understand if it's not, as AZ just got a large storm. Thought I might make the trip though, as I've never been up to those parts.

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    We had some more snow Wednesday. If you have a Fat bike you might be able to ride Navajo Rocks/ Horsethief area but a trail up there that normally takes me an hour took me almost three last week with 8Ē of snow. Brand trails will be mud. Klonzo= mud. Porcupine= snow& mud. Klondike.....some trails on slickrock will be ridable but shaded areas will have snow and ice.
    The only thing I might try is Amassa back/ Ahab as itís mainly south facing and gets alot of sun, even then Ahab is going to have ice/ snow on the lower half.
    Sorry, not a bright report.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Poison Spider website has 2 trails listed as open in all of the Moab area
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Moab Trail mix has also been posting weekly trail condition updates on IG: https://www.instagram.com/moabtrailmix/

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    In case anyone was wondering, Moab got a pretty big snowstorm 2/16-2/18. Eight inches of wet snow in town, more on the higher trails I'm sure. It is supposed to be very cold (for Moab in February) for at least a week, hopefully it warms up and melts enough for the Poison Spider Thaw event the first weekend of March.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    What's the word on this latest round of rain/snow? poison spider is showing amasa area closed. Any chance of rock stacker/Jackson's being dry by the weekend?

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    We had rain through last night. Everything is pretty muddy today, things in the sun will be dry by Saturday. Jacksonís is shaded and Iím guessing it probably still has snow on it, I think Hymasa, Ahab may be doable by Saturday.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Hey guys, any update ? I was checking on strava and it looks like porcupine still has snow. Seems like you guys had lots of snow this year ! Headed there in about 3 weeks. How close do you guys think we are from having UPS ready to go ?

slow
    Here is a photo of Porcupine Rim (center) from Monday. Still a bunch of snow up there.

Current Conditions around Moab-porcsnow.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Thanks Lol looks like south Canada, things better warm up quickly over there then.

mtbr member
    In three weeks you will likely be able to do UPS. I did Porcupine proper last Tuesday and there was only a skiff at the very top.

Honestly Utah didnít seem to have all that much snow. Driving home through West Yellowstone I noticed some houses were completely engulfed in snow. The snow on the roofs met the snow on the ground. Come to Montana if you want to see snow. Go to Utah if you want to ride bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieMonster View Post
    In three weeks you will likely be able to do UPS. I did Porcupine proper last Tuesday and there was only a skiff at the very top.

Honestly Utah didnít seem to have all that much snow. Driving home through West Yellowstone I noticed some houses were completely engulfed in snow. The snow on the roofs met the snow on the ground. Come to Montana if you want to see snow. Go to Utah if you want to ride bikes.
    Hard to compare Yellowstone snowpack to Moab snowpack.
    But, Utah is in pretty good shape for water this year, overall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Current Conditions around Moab-west_mtdprecpctnormal_update.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU Alum View Post
    Hard to compare Yellowstone snowpack to Moab snowpack.
    But, Utah is in pretty good shape for water this year, overall.
    Ughhhh........looks like the PNW is going to go up in flames this summer (again). I know we've had a pretty lean snow year, but we've had some bigger dumps of snow in the last few weeks which I was hoping would help the snowpack more than what that graphic shows. Apparently not enough.
    No dig no whine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    Ughhhh........looks like the PNW is going to go up in flames this summer (again). I know we've had a pretty lean snow year, but we've had some bigger dumps of snow in the last few weeks which I was hoping would help the snowpack more than what that graphic shows. Apparently not enough.
    My apologies. That was current month precip, not snow cover. Here's a current snow cover map as a % of normal. Still a little low, but not as bad:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Current Conditions around Moab-westwidesnotel03272019.jpg  

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    bump. any updates?
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    bump. any updates?
    As of this week, snowpack in Grand County is 496% of normal.

Or did you mean trail conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by sunderland56 View Post
    As of this week, snowpack in Grand County is 496% of normal.

Or did you mean trail conditions?
    LOL trail conditions. Looks like hazard is closed. Wondering amount mag 7?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hazard hasn't been open yet this year and isn't close to opening yet; not even sure if the road to drive up there is passable yet. With the rains this week even LPS is iffy.

Mag7 is a mud bog right now but might dry out by the weekend if it stays sunny.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Trail Mix is reporting Hazard/Kokopelli got MORE snow this week, so it's still covered in the white stuff with a gooey mud base. It'll be a few weeks. At least.

And, don't even think about Jackson trail unless you bring scuba gear.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Trail Mix is reporting Hazard/Kokopelli got MORE snow this week, so it's still covered in the white stuff with a gooey mud base. It'll be a few weeks. At least.

And, don't even think about Jackson trail unless you bring scuba gear.
    Rode Mag trails today. All good. No mud at all. All good.

Mag7 was perfect

The .05 percent
    in town next weekend, any chance of a Hazzard down?
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

Quote Originally Posted by sinatorj View Post
    in town next weekend, any chance of a Hazzard down?
    Pretty much 0%

The .05 percent
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    Pretty much 0%
    Damnit, oh well. Im in AZ so not too bad. will hav2 come back in June
    Make Flagstaff RAD Again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Whats still closed on the whole enchilada?

Is thunder mountain open?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by delarosa View Post
    Whats still closed on the whole enchilada?

Is thunder mountain open?
    WE never opens until July at the absolute earliest. Will be late this year (it's still snowing up at altitude).

In that area, they are shuttling to Kokopelli again (it's been opened and closed multiple times because of mud and rain). Hazard is still snowed in.

For Thunder Mountain you're in the wrong forum.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    WE never opens until July at the absolute earliest. Will be late this year (it's still snowing up at altitude).

In that area, they are shuttling to Kokopelli again (it's been opened and closed multiple times because of mud and rain). Hazard is still snowed in.
    I'm coming to Moab in early August, Enchilada is one of the MustDo things on my list. Have you ever had a year(s) when WE (well, Burro pass & Hazard) was/were still closed around that time?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by borisotto View Post
    I'm coming to Moab in early August, Enchilada is one of the MustDo things on my list. Have you ever had a year(s) when WE (well, Burro pass & Hazard) was/were still closed around that time?
    I've never seen it closed in August due to leftover snow. Asteroids, zombie apocalypse, Plague....but not snow.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    I've never seen it closed in August due to leftover snow. Asteroids, zombie apocalypse, Plague....but not snow.
    Cool, I'll have garlic and dragon glass to deal with all that stuff!

trail gnome
    Snow shouldn't be an issue in early August. Heat will be.
    Mountain bikers are generally a rational bunch...until someone moves a rock on our favorite trail and we lose our minds - LMN

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    Snow shouldn't be an issue in early August. Heat will be.
    Yep, +38C/100F as max temp could be tough. So I plan to ride early mornings and evenings on shorter trails. And start WE early morning as well.

mtbr member
    Yep, +38C/100F as max temp could be tough. So I plan to ride early mornings and evenings on shorter trails. And start WE early morning as well.
    The worst part of TWE is the hideous paved trail ride back to town! Although it's better than it was before they put that in.

mtbr member
    I'd consider starting TWE later rather than earlier. This sometimes works well on rides like TWE so that you're hitting hotter lower elevations towards end of day when it's cooling off a little. As a bonus you get golden hour light at the end and probably have the trails to yourself all day. Of course if you don't know how long it will take or are limited to shuttle company schedule that can be harder to time. Bring lights and layers just in case!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The worst part of TWE is the hideous paved trail ride back to town! Although it's better than it was before they put that in.
    It's 3 miles. Plus it's beside the river and partially shaded, so cooler than a lot of other places.

Besides, if you do the real Whole Enchilada, as originally done, you start riding from town.... so 30-odd miles of road climbing. That little paved ride back to town is only tough if you're doing the "fast food enchilada" with a shuttle.

mtbr member
    It's 3 miles. Plus it's beside the river and partially shaded, so cooler than a lot of other places.

Besides, if you do the real Whole Enchilada, as originally done, you start riding from town.... so 30-odd miles of road climbing. That little paved ride back to town is only tough if you're doing the "fast food enchilada" with a shuttle.
    Yeah. You're the man.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    I'll plan according to weather. I have already done P.Rim so I know what to expect on the bottom half. And we won't be tied up to shuttles - will have a non-biking driver in the team, that will simplify logistics a lot. I'm not a fun of road biking, so I'll stick to 'fast food WE'.

Another question - I'm also thinking about doing 'Top of the word' trail, it is not really clear if its trailhead is easily reachable by regular car? Could it be better just to bike from Dewey on that safari road?

slow
    Another question - I'm also thinking about doing 'Top of the word' trail, it is not really clear if its trailhead is easily reachable by regular car? Could it be better just to bike from Dewey on that safari road?
    Is there a trail separate from the 4WD road now? The only time I've done it, the ride was on the 4WD safari route road. We parked near Dewey and rode out and back from there.

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    I'll plan according to weather. I have already done P.Rim so I know what to expect on the bottom half. And we won't be tied up to shuttles - will have a non-biking driver in the team, that will simplify logistics a lot. I'm not a fun of road biking, so I'll stick to 'fast food WE'.

You can drive out roughly 5 miles in a car and park before it starts getting rough, saves you 10 miles of pedaling but it also warms you up for the climb.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    Is there a trail separate from the 4WD road now?
    Nope AFAIK.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM313 View Post
    You can drive out roughly 5 miles in a car and park before it starts getting rough, saves you 10 miles of pedaling but it also warms you up for the climb.
    So its pretty much right to the fork to the trail itself? Thanks, will keep it in mind!

mtbr member
    So its pretty much right to the fork to the trail itself? Thanks, will keep it in mind!
    These are the directions I followed a couple of years ago:
    Top of the World Trail

Nice view from the top of the climb.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Heading down to ride for a few days next weekend, so I called the FS office to get an estimate on Burro Pass and the answer was another couple weeks. Still 2-3' of snow on the north facing slopes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbgarrett View Post
    Heading down to ride for a few days next weekend, so I called the FS office to get an estimate on Burro Pass and the answer was another couple weeks. Still 2-3' of snow on the north facing slopes.
    Wow! Pretty late in the season.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I rode the Geyser Pass road to the forest service 4x4 road and then to the main TWE trailhead last weekend (the one up the gulch, not the one by the porta potti). That side was clear, (faces south) but holy crap, the mosquitoes were ridiculous. You literally could not stop in the trees, a cloud would descend on you instantly. In the open I was OK since the wind was blowing pretty hard.

I saw plenty of snow in the trees on the way to even the south facing trailhead, so it does not surprise me that the north side still has snowbanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Any chance is stays closed this year? Iíll be there late Sept. I have had bad luck with early storms in sept shutting down the pass

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Ouch, that sucks, I'll be there in a week, was hoping to get on TWE.
    Will have to figure some replacement out I guess...

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Ouch, that sucks, I'll be there in a week, was hoping to get on TWE.
    Will have to figure some replacement out I guess...
    Even without Burro, the ride from Hazzard County down is fully worthy. You'll still get all of the best sections (UPS, LPS and Porky singletrack). The Burro descent is great, but honestly is not everyone's cup of tea, and you get to skip the beast of a climb to the top of Burro. Have fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Fiveo, please stay home until I get to do it..... ;-)

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Been snowed out last three years. Seems that I every time I come up from Phoenix I bring freak storms in late Sept or early Oct Two years ago I got caught in that crazy flash flood in last week of Sept.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Padlz View Post
    Have fun!
    I definitely will, no worries on that side.
    I have couple of backup trails in mind, so won't waste any time, and there are still few days left, so I may get lucky.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Ended up taking shuttle to the top of the Hazard and riding from there. Almost hit a cow on HC...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    FS opened up Burro. But not for shuttles. They still need to clear the trail of avalanche debris. Per PS website.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Is Burro open and shuttles running to the top NOW?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Check Poison Spider website. Burro opened about 2 weeks ago

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Everything is riding great in Moab. Burro descent is pretty blown out, but just makes it more fun and challenging. Leaves up high are popping. Weather is perfect. Not real crowded.
    Current Conditions around Moab-20191006_111126.jpg
    Current Conditions around Moab-20191005_170756.jpg
    Current Conditions around Moab-20191004_150243.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Not real crowded.
    That is going to change drastically tomorrow evening.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KThaxton View Post
    That is going to change drastically tomorrow evening.
    Why, what's up..aside from the usual fall rush? When's fall break for Utah schools? I ask, as we're headed that way (maybe) from western CO towards the end of next week.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thursday, is the start of fall break here. In my experience, it is the busiest time of year in Moab next to Jeep Safari.

If you already have accommodations, it's really not too big of a deal. I like to camp, in an RV, so finding a spot to camp, getting into or out of town and the traffic in Spanish Fork Canyon on Sunday evening (not an issue for you obviously) are the worst parts about it. Usually don't have an issue on trails etc.

mtbr member
    Next ten days look clear too other than a few cold mornings. Didn't imagine Burro Pass would still be open end of October, but looks like it might.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    According to the business owners I've talked to in Moab, October is now the busiest month they have.

There was an interesting statement in this article from today: https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...national-park/

"Visitors leaving Arches at certain times of the year can face yet another line ó of backed-up traffic on U.S. 191 south to Moab. That was the case last weekend, when traffic was slowed to a crawl for 2.5 miles, adding an extra half-hour drive from the park.

ďLast weekend was very busy," Cannon said, ďand thatís not unusual for this time of year.Ē "

In the over 30 years I have been going to Moab, hundreds of trips, I have *never* seen traffic back up going back *into* Moab from Arches. That is crazy. I have seen in the past few years, major backups getting *out* of Moab on Sundays though. Like 20-30 minute delays to get through the light at 191 and 500 West (by Super 8 and Denny's).

Moab is f&^%ked. They have SIX more hotels approved, and developers are pushing back on their temporary ban on building even more. Even with all of the new hotels that have been built, Moab is almost sold out for this weekend, the Days Inn has ONE room left, and with taxes it is over $300 a night! $300. A night. For a Day's Inn. Just in case you want an alternative, the Grand Hyatt in Manhattan has rooms available for this weekend at the same rate.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by honkinunit View Post
    In the over 30 years I have been going to Moab, hundreds of trips, I have *never* seen traffic back up going back *into* Moab from Arches. That is crazy. I have seen in the past few years, major backups getting *out* of Moab on Sundays though. Like 20-30 minute delays to get through the light at 191 and 500 West (by Super 8 and Denny's).
    I usually ride back to town from rides in the Navajo Rocks, Mag 7, Willow Springs, and Bar M areas and almost always beat my buddies who are driving back to the hotel if we are returning in the afternoon in the spring, especially if it is a Friday or Saturday. I have taken similar photos the past 3 years on a Saturday afternoon around 5. This photo was from 5:20pm on 27 April 2019. Yes, I did beat them back to the hotel and get the shower first.

Current Conditions around Moab-0427191719.jpg

mtbr member
    I know people would shoot me for saying this, but I really think they should just ban all four wheeling in the area. It would kill off the circus for a number of years. It just seems like the height of stupidity to attract people bringing travel trailers, fifth wheels pulling a train of toad vehicles and 4 wheeling vehicles to run all over the beautiful landscape.

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    The traffic has been like that for years, starts every Thursday afternoon. After we passed the building moratorium so that our infrastructure could catch up to the tourist mess our Mayor was summoned to Salt Lake City and essentially threatened to get the town ďopenĒ for building again. Why?, because the tax structure for our wonderful state funnels the majority of the tourist income back to SLC and they donít invest in Moab. We are just the Disney resort for the state.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Steezus View Post
    I know people would shoot me for saying this, but I really think they should just ban all four wheeling in the area. It would kill off the circus for a number of years. It just seems like the height of stupidity to attract people bringing travel trailers, fifth wheels pulling a train of toad vehicles and 4 wheeling vehicles to run all over the beautiful landscape.
    Curious why you think 4x4's are the one activity that should be banned? Did you know offroading in a 4x4 has been going on there since the 60's, is responsible for many of the trails to still exist today from use (as opposed to fading away after the mining era).....and that offroading also sustained Moab between the mining boom and the onslaught of MTB's?

Try not to think your preferred method of recreation is the appropriate one for everyone.

mtbr member
    4x4's are high impact and don't remotely compare to what a bike does. I think the black streaks they leave to be very ugly, the noise very loud and of course they absolutely destroy loose sections of trail. Like you said, mining was there before, doesn't mean the town should always cater to uranium mining. We are all paying a costly bill for that no matter what state we live in.

I just see that activity as too much of an impact when it is such a beautiful area. It also attracts some of the worst people that actually go out of their way to destroy the environment to get back at "tree huggers and environmentalists".

Keep in mind I also was not a big fan of allowing bikes into wilderness area. I don't just think bikes should be everywhere.

Oh and lastly, the average off road person could definitely use more physical activity rather than only recreating in a powered vehicle.

I don't think it's that wild of an idea to think about limiting such a destructive activity there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    4x4's are high impact and don't remotely compare to what a bike does. I think the black streaks they leave to be very ugly, the noise very loud and of course they absolutely destroy loose sections of trail. Like you said, mining was there before, doesn't mean the town should always cater to uranium mining. We are all paying a costly bill for that no matter what state we live in.
    There are people that don't think bikes should be there either.
    Black streaks? Perhaps ugly, but harmless. Noisy? Cars are noisy, should they be banned from National Parks?
    As far as destroying the trails.....the trails are there because of, and for the use of, 4x4's, so any "damage" is generally theirs to deal with. If not for 4x4's, who do these trails need to be preserved for?

I just see that activity as too much of an impact when it is such a beautiful area. It also attracts some of the worst people that actually go out of their way to destroy the environment to get back at "tree huggers and environmentalists".
    That of course, is your opinion, and not everyone has the same opinion. There are jerks everywhere....on foot, on pedals, behind the wheel.

Oh and lastly, the average off road person could definitely use more physical activity rather than only recreating in a powered vehicle.
    Ahhh, yes, athletic snobbery. You somehow feel physical fitness is the litmus test for those that want to enjoy the outdoors. Nice.

I don't think it's that wild of an idea to think about limiting such a destructive activity there.
    ALL visitors impact the area, no single group should be singled out. Outdoor recreation is just another example of how people create an "us vs. them" mentality...as absurd as it is, and it is one of those thought processes that is tearing this country apart.

I am indeed a rare breed, I like to take part in nearly all types of activities that Moab offers. I haven't had a single issue with 4x4's while mtbing, because I ride my bike on the mtb trails. When I am offroading (be it UTV or full size) I give mtb'ers the room they need. So do my friends. One issue I have when I am in powered off road mode, sometimes unfriendly encounters, looks, sneers of snobby mtn bikers that think they are entitled to the area, and no one else is.

Live and let live, just don't be an a$$hole.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Always had good experiences with the 4x4's and motos in Moab while out on the mountain bike, super friendly people...They always offer us water and beer when out on the trails and ask us if everything is ok. They escorted one of our friends back to the trailhead when her bike broke and it was completely unrideable from the Blue dot trail on mag7...woulda been a long walk out.

Plenty of places to go where you wont see another person all day. We usually try to avoid town all together.

mtbr member
    How does my opinion of what causes the most problems in Moab and what to do about it make me an asshole? I simply told you why I advocate to have them limited. You need to not take things so personal.

Not only are 95% of the bike trail miles in Moab not derived from a 4x4 road, but bikes simply do not cause a remotely comparable amount of damage.

I grew up in Utah and have seen first hand which group by and large shits all over the outdoors there.

And yes, those black smears left all over the place are a disgusting eyesore.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    How does my opinion of what causes the most problems in Moab and what to do about it make me an asshole? I simply told you why I advocate to have them limited. You need to not take things so personal.
    It was a general statement, let people live their life, just be a decent person, not an asshole, and there won't be as much conflict in such things as how we recreate.

Not only are 95% of the bike trail miles in Moab not derived from a 4x4 road,
    Exactly, if you are so burdened with the presence of other recreation activities, stick to the bike trails and don't worry about the other group.

but bikes simply do not cause a remotely comparable amount of damage.
    Of course, ones perception of what is "damage" is quite subjective. Disrupted dirt, and rocks, on an existing route, is perfectly fine. You are the one with the mental hurdle, one that you just have to live with.

I grew up in Utah and have seen first hand which group by and large shits all over the outdoors there.
    Can't tell if you are being literal here...but I would say in my experience, hikers and MTB'ers do more shitting in the backcountry to the point where it has become a serious problem....than off-roaders. I rarely see off-roaders sleeping in tents etc....perhaps only RV's and hotel stays should be the rule?

And yes, those black smears left all over the place are a disgusting eyesore.
    You're just a softy and want to live in a fantasy world where there is no traces of humanity....except the ones you partake in.

Here's a quote that is relevant here. I can't remember who wrote this, it may have been a member here, it made so much sense that I saved it.

"Mountain Bike" could easily be replaced by "drive a 4x4" at the end.

I have news for you. A persons actions have no relevance in the face of irrational prejudice. An environmentalist
    is still going to hate you even if you follow all the rules, even if you are courteous, even if you don't ride in
    the mud, even if you try be nice. They are still going to hate you , because they hate what you are. They hate you
    because you take pleasure from nature in a different way then they do. They hate you because your trails, legal or
    not, allow you to experience the landscape as a participant rather than just an observer. Just because how you travel
    through the landscape breaks the transcendental fantasy they have that the nature they see (from the side of the road,
    in their car) as untouched by man. Because you derive joy from this alteration of the physical world (your trails/what
    they call wanton destruction) you expose the corrupt lie of their philosophy, and they hate you for it. You are evil,
    in their eyes, for no other reason than that you ride a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Moab is the mecca of 4wd. I dreamed of visiting there and riding the trails since I was 10 years old growing up in the midwest. I'd sooner see mountain biking, climbing, hiking, and virtually every other activity banned before 4wd users in Moab. I don't think you realize that it isn't hyperbole to say people would shoot you for saying that. Moab is a place 4wd people all over the world dream of visiting and seeing the trails.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by KThaxton View Post
    Live and let live, just don't be an a$$hole.
    Second that, smile and you'll get a smile back.
    In my 3 weeks mtbing Moab trails over last 3 years I have't had bad experience with anyone - jeepers, 4x4 & dirtbikes riders - not a single time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I'm assuming the La Sals got a blanket of white stuff in the last week?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Yes. I was there riding Moab yesterday (Dead Horse, and Navajo Rocks), it was very cold but dry and sunny. Above Hazard has to be closed methinks.

mtbr member
    Made it just in time.
    Rode burro on Saturday, October26th.
    Was lower 30s up top about 70 in town

Looks like it closed on Monday and temps dropped significantly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    my ride was 19F at the beginning, and 28f at the end LOL

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Is it worth it going to Moab during thanksgiving week? or will it be too cold/snowy?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosalas7 View Post
    Is it worth it going to Moab during thanksgiving week? or will it be too cold/snowy?
    Well, that will depend on if it is cold and snowy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

boardguru
    Oct 2009
    Just got back from a week of riding there. Awesome temps, just a bit dusty on the trails. Who can say what the weather can or will be like around Thanksgiving? But best of luck if you decide to go!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm thinking about rockstacker/Jackson's on Monday. Bad call?

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    We had rain/ snow Friday, that trail doesnít get much sun at this time of year, may have residual snow or ice. Iíd ride something that sits in the sun.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM313 View Post
    We had rain/ snow Friday, that trail doesnít get much sun at this time of year, may have residual snow or ice. Iíd ride something that sits in the sun.
    That's what I assumed. I've checked webcams. Doesn't look like much snow fell, but I know RS/Jackson's can hold it. Thanks for your input.