a couple of questions about canyonlands- Mtbr.com
    Diz
    squatchin'
    Aug 2007

a couple of questions about canyonlands

So last week I recieved a letter confirming my permit to ride the white rim. Initially, I was going to do it unsupported but now my folks want to go. Will this permit allow them to go/camp/drive around while I ride? It's kind of vauge & the permit office is closed for the day.

Also what is the status on bringing dogs into Canyonlands or even Arches/Zion?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz
    So last week I recieved a letter confirming my permit to ride the white rim. Initially, I was going to do it unsupported but now my folks want to go. Will this permit allow them to go/camp/drive around while I ride? It's kind of vauge & the permit office is closed for the day.

Also what is the status on bringing dogs into Canyonlands or even Arches/Zion?

Thanks!
    I haven't looked at an actual permit in quite a while, but I was pretty sure it was good for 2 vehicles and up to something like 16 people. ( found it, its 3 cars 15 people ) see here: http://www.canyonlands.national-park...mping.htm#camp
    Note the white rim is under "Island" ( island in the sky )

I assume you are talking about a multi-day permit with assigned camp spots ( white crack, airport, murphy's, potato bottom etc ). If its some other back-country permit, then disregard my comments.

That same link says "no pets".

Diz
    squatchin'
    Aug 2007
    you are spot on, island in the sky white rim, potato bottom & gooseberry.

and yes i found that pets are generally not allowed anywhere in the parks. Makes sense i suppose

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You want to run your dogs 100 miles? I limit mine to 12 mile runs. I don't want old dogs with bad hips in a few years.
    The dogs love Gooseberry. Tech rides are slower so easier for the dogs.
    agmtb

Diz
    squatchin'
    Aug 2007
    no sir, they'll be no dogs running 100 miles

Members who have read this thread: 0