Corner Canyon - New Peak View Trailhead?!- Mtbr.com
    Perpetual n00b

Corner Canyon - New Peak View Trailhead?!

I rode up to Peak View Trailhead today and saw this
    Corner Canyon - New Peak View Trailhead?!-img_20190418_172927.jpg

There was one other rider there and we both agreed this was a terrible idea. CC is already overcrowded any day of the week and I don't see this helping matters much.
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Ya, corner has had a ton of new trail work done to it over the past few years, and has never been better, but honestly there are getting to be so many riders now days that I have to literally stop every 30 seconds to let a climbing biker pass, or hiker, or group of 100+ high school team riders. Dont get me wrong, Its exciting to see so many people taking up the sport, but at what point does the amount of use become a negative issue for those who just want to be able to ride without stopping a million times? It can get pretty frustrating especially when the downs are what to me make all the climbing worth it? Its going to get to the point that it just won't be worth it to ride down any trail that is not downhill specific, unfortunately there just aren't enough of them as of yet. Hopefully more will be built.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    I rode up to Peak View Trailhead today and saw this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190418_172927.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	1247501

There was one other rider there and we both agreed this was a terrible idea. CC is already overcrowded any day of the week and I don't see this helping matters much.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Directional trails.

Perpetual n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Fattyrider38 View Post
    Ya, corner has had a ton of new trail work done to it over the past few years, and has never been better, but honestly there are getting to be so many riders now days that I have to literally stop every 30 seconds to let a climbing biker pass, or hiker, or group of 100+ high school team riders. Dont get me wrong, Its exciting to see so many people taking up the sport, but at what point does the amount of use become a negative issue for those who just want to be able to ride without stopping a million times? It can get pretty frustrating especially when the downs are what to me make all the climbing worth it? Its going to get to the point that it just won't be worth it to ride down any trail that is not downhill specific, unfortunately there just aren't enough of them as of yet. Hopefully more will be built.
    There were 3 separate groups of high school riders yesterday with about 20 riders each. They have decent etiquette on the trail and will stop for you if you are climbing but they ride so close together that they get jammed up and you can't ride by them anyway. It seems best just to stop and let them by even if you have the right of way.

As far as directional trails, I really wish Canyon Hollow was DH only and all uphill traffic just went up Clarks or the dirt road.
    The leg bone's connected to the Cash Bone!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dgw2jr View Post
    As far as directional trails, I really wish Canyon Hollow was DH only and all uphill traffic just went up Clarks or the dirt road.
    IMO, Canyon Hollow should be uphill-only, and Clarks and Ghost should be DH-only. A major rework of upper Rush could really help things. A year or two back there were rumors that a hand-cut rocky/technical old-school style DH-only trail was going to go in near Jacobs. Not sure if that ever had any basis in reality, but it sure would be nice. Jacobs itself needs to be made DH-only since it sees so much more traffice since the Peak View Connector was built. But, I'm not holding my breath there.

Maple Hollow DH could be so awesome with some work and minor re-routes in a few places. I had grand plans to dig on it a bunch this spring but then separated my shoulder skiing. It's almost healed enough to dig, hopefully we keep getting moisture for a while. I feel like the city has more or less completely forgotten about that trail and we practically have carte blanche to go improve it to our liking.

As far as the original point of this thread, I don't think the new trailhead will make one lick of difference to current or future crowding in CC.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    The new trailhead is on top of the new subdivision up top that has a few hundred houses being built. The crowding will become a problem in two years when it is done. We certainly could use one more uphill only trail, and a couple more downhill only trails on the Salt Lake county side. Rush is being extended at the bottom which will take a lot of fast riders off the road running out of the canyon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    They should put in a bus route up there for all the shuttle monkeys who will be shuttling from bottom to top at mach speeds......