Cool bike shop and microwbrew near Gooseberry to land at?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cool bike shop and microwbrew near Gooseberry to land at?

I'm coming to ride the area and would like to check out the cool bike shops and breweries if I have a chance. What are my best bets? Bring my own micro...?

mtbr member

Brewery... in St. George?

Can't help you there but Red Rock Bicycle Company is a cool little shop. Not as many bikes as the other shop I've been to in the area (wish I could remember the name) but the shop guys are cool and will show you the local spots.
    I'm hoping someone else knows of a brewery in the area, even if it's only 3.2.

mtbr member
    that's a start, Thanks!

Feb 2007
    Be sure to check out Desert Cyclery at Sunset and Bluff.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Springdale

Zion Canyon Brewing Company for local beer on tap at many of the local restuarants and brewed at the Majestic View in town.
    Zion Cycles is a small but stocked shop in Springdale as well.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Hyjack

How about some other dining ideas? I've been there several times and have had little luck as far as finding good food ( not to mention booze) Any suggestions?

I railed it like Kong
    Basilas in St George is a great Greek spot. I don't think they have a tap but they do have a good stock of bottled goods. 700 south/1100 east

Marv's Spud and Grill- great hamburgers. Think of it like a higher quality In & Out with options. I love the PepperJack Double. The strongest drink though is a malt. Bluff/Sunset

Albertos Mexican- ghetto authentic mexican food. When fresh-mex feels too americanized. 700 N Bluff

Parrothead Island Broiler- Really good salmon or pulled pork sandwiches- And cheap. I15/Bloomington exit.

These are just a few of the different ones that i hit regularly.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

mtbr member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon
    Basilas in St George is a great Greek spot. I don't think they have a tap but they do have a good stock of bottled goods. 700 south/1100 east

Marv's Spud and Grill- great hamburgers. Think of it like a higher quality In & Out with options. I love the PepperJack Double. The strongest drink though is a malt. Bluff/Sunset

Albertos Mexican- ghetto authentic mexican food. When fresh-mex feels too americanized. 700 N Bluff

Parrothead Island Broiler- Really good salmon or pulled pork sandwiches- And cheap. I15/Bloomington exit.

These are just a few of the different ones that i hit regularly.
    You're the 3rd person to mention Albertos so that definitly goes on the list.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Springdale:

The Mean Bean for coffee and breakfast burritios. Good sandwiches too. Across the street is Oscars. Great burgers and good Mexican.
    I have heard the Bit Spur is one of the best restaurants in Utah, but I have not been.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    How about some other dining ideas? I've been there several times and have had little luck as far as finding good food ( not to mention booze) Any suggestions?

mtbr member

Good job! thanks for the reviews...

Good to know, and I always BMOBrew to augment the local taps so we'll just pack a little more and hit the road!

Apr 2007
    Plus they have a Albertos in Hurricane now.

Oct 2005

Eats and drinks

In Springdale:

Bit N Spur - outstanding, but can be spendy Best margaritas in Dixie, I think

Oscars - good burgers and burritos...and some beer

Zion Pizza and Noodle, they say they have the biggest microbrew selection in southern Utah. Which means they have about a dozen choices

In St. George:

Painted Pony, if you are in the mood for an expensive splurge. Not really post-ride unless you clean up a lot first.

Durango's / Cafe Rio / Bajios - all different varieties of burritos, salads, and quesadillas. Choosing one over the other is sure to start an argument. No alcohol, though.

Pizza Factory - about the best in town, but kind of spendy

Pasta Factory - pretty good pasta, in both St. George and Cedar

Basilla's as a previous poster said. I think they have some of the national brand beers there...but that's only for those that don't really like beer!

I can't ride as well as I like...but I like the post-ride food and beer!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    You're the 3rd person to mention Albertos so that definitly goes on the list.
    In Hurricane, for mexican food Lupita's is the place.

mtbr member
    I had Christmas dinner at Lupita's in 05. Perfect for a mtb vacation.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

I railed it like Kong
    Good suggestions there too. I love Durangos and Pizza Factory. Painted Pony has got to be one of the best resturaunts in town. So if we're giving out suggestions for nice dining spots then La Soiree on main street is a must. They do fondue and stone cooked meats. The Ahi on lava rock is incredible. Fondue desserts are awesome!
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Members who have read this thread: 0