Conditions in Moab- Mtbr.com
    Pedal Masher

Conditions in Moab

Just wondering what the conditions down in Moab are like today. Was thinking of riding Sovereign

code: mtbr2011
    just got home from a great weekend.
    it rained, and was a bit chilly on friday and saturday...just a little bit chilly today, but mostly was able to ride with just arm warmers and an undershirt.

rode slickrock moments after a hail storm, and while the mind says it would be super slick, i could not believe how grippy it still was even wet.
    rode porcupine today and it was awesome, and bar m on friday and it rained too, and it wasn't bad until we hit the road coming out...super sloppy.

not sure what the forecast is, but today no rain, just a little chill

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I got caught in the rain in moab earlier this summer and my experience was the same....the slickrock seems to be grippier when wet
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    ^^^ That is because the rain tends to wash a lot of loose sand off of the actual rock. If you are lucky enough to be one of the first out after a rain or while it is wet, it'll be really nice. Almost tacky even.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Hero sand all weekend at Moab! The sandy sections of trails were awesome. Hazard might be done for the season it has snow up high. Kokopelli was pretty mucky on Saturday but might have been good sunday if the storm that passed through didn't make it there. I rode Kokopelli down to the river on Saturday and then Amasa to Rock Stacker on Sunday.

Members who have read this thread: 0