Condition of pipeline trail?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    49

    Condition of pipeline trail?

    Wondering if anyone knows the conditon of pipeline. The western part looks to be clear, at least from the valley. Just want to ride something other than shoreline that's close to SLC. Thanks!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    49

    Trail is good to go!

    Took a chance and went up to ride it today. It was dry the entire length with the exception of maybe 100' that was narrow and easy to avoid. Rode all the way to elbow fork. The road below still had some long sections of snow. I started at "Birch?" trailhead.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    545
    Thanks for the info, I went up from rattlesnake on Tues and ran into alot of mud before getting to church fork, turned around and bailed to the BST, had a nice ride Then I bailed to the middle provo for the golden hour, # 8, bead head, olive woolybuggers. Two 18" & one 22" all browns in my first hr, on a 3wt rod. Man-o-man does this place suck!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,918

    WTF is she talking about.

    Beer??

    Someone take her Iphone away
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

    http://www.vrbo.com/392904

    PM me

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    Sooo any updates to this besides the gibberish above? Would love to knock out a Pipeline to Rattlesnake this week.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    127
    Yup, heard its good to go!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GorillaTactics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    231
    rode Pipeline to Rattlesnake Gulch today, conditions were awesome. Rattlesnake is fun

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    Thanks for the updates!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    907

    Rant Warning ....

    All I know is that there were a million people driving their cars up millcreek with bikes on the roof last night....wtf do all these people do? Shuttle the pipeline to rattlesnake? It saddens me to think that this is considered a "ride" ... get out of your cars and learn to pedal your bike! They should charge $10 to drive up millcreek and $10 for each bike that is in/on the car. Oh yeah, that's some elitist shiite right there. Some days I even surprise myself.

    Sorry, flame me, call me a lycra wearing, seat up my ass snob, beat me up...i just can't take it. I really think there would be less trail damage and less user conflicts if people learned/appreciated the whole sport of mtn. biking, not just the amusement park version. Riding a trail in one direction (especially one like pipeline to rattlesnake) just causes problems. (Go to DV to ride downhill, I'm cool with that) I mean pipeline to rattlesnake isn't even a particularly good downhill!

    Ok, you nailed it, I just want the trail to myself. Crap. Busted.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    GOLDANG sweater-vester roadie-on-a-mountain-bike shut your trap! Pipeline is, was, and always will be a junkshow. Get over it. And you're right, it isn't even that good of a trail. It has great views, and Rattlesnake is a fun descent, but as for most of the actual riding, meh. It's a fun way to finish off a Crest ride in the summer, that's about it IMO.


    As far as riding up to go down, in general I agree. But that road ride to do the loop SUCKS ASSE. I don't often shuttle it but I most definitely will to avoid the road slog. That ain't mountain biking either.




    Quote Originally Posted by slcpunk
    All I know is that there were a million people driving their cars up millcreek with bikes on the roof last night....wtf do all these people do? Shuttle the pipeline to rattlesnake? It saddens me to think that this is considered a "ride" ... get out of your cars and learn to pedal your bike! They should charge $10 to drive up millcreek and $10 for each bike that is in/on the car. Oh yeah, that's some elitist shiite right there. Some days I even surprise myself.

    Sorry, flame me, call me a lycra wearing, seat up my ass snob, beat me up...i just can't take it. I really think there would be less trail damage and less user conflicts if people learned/appreciated the whole sport of mtn. biking, not just the amusement park version. Riding a trail in one direction (especially one like pipeline to rattlesnake) just causes problems. (Go to DV to ride downhill, I'm cool with that) I mean pipeline to rattlesnake isn't even a particularly good downhill!

    Ok, you nailed it, I just want the trail to myself. Crap. Busted.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    GOLDANG sweater-vester roadie-on-a-mountain-bike shut your trap! Pipeline is, was, and always will be a junkshow. Get over it. And you're right, it isn't even that good of a trail. It has great views, and Rattlesnake is a fun descent, but as for most of the actual riding, meh. It's a fun way to finish off a Crest ride in the summer, that's about it IMO.


    As far as riding up to go down, in general I agree. But that road ride to do the loop SUCKS ASSE. I don't often shuttle it but I most definitely will to avoid the road slog. That ain't mountain biking either.
    sweet, that is exactly the response I was looking for. spice-n-up my morning.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: supersize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    180
    Well a lot of people do it as an out and back. Even utahmountainbiking advises to do it as an out and back. I agree with summit that the road slog sucks. I hardly ever go there except when someone wants to ride with their dog, so we start at Burch Hollow and head up the trail to elbow or just skip that part.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GorillaTactics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    231
    it's better than not riding after work.

    If you don't like it, ride elsewhere, fortunately there is more than one trail out here.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by slcpunk
    sweet, that is exactly the response I was looking for. spice-n-up my morning.
    My pleasure, but no fun with that response. Where's the return bashing?!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.