Coming to Visit Utah?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Coming to Visit Utah?

Planning a visit or business trip to Utah? Don't want to rent a car? Don't want to hunt down trail maps? Let me be your guide. I have spent alot of time on the trails from North to South. I can provide transportation, guide and even offer a loaner! Fees would be minimal and logical. Looking to earn some extra money this summer with this somewhat fresh idea.

frejwilk

Pro Guiding

Utah is a great place to ride. Lots of people coming here who would benefit from a knowledgeable guide. No doubt about that. Great idea.

You don't mention a business name, so forgive me if you've already got some of what I'm going to recommend figured out already.

If you are planning to charge folks for typical guide services, I hope you have insurance in place. If you are planning to do commercial rides on USFS, BLM, State, or NPS lands, you will of course need a permit. And insurance is definitely needed for those.

Whether or not your insurance requires it, you hopefully have an advanced first aid certification in place. Many professional MTB guides in UT have WFR or EMT certifications.

Vehicle insurance too. If you are planning to transport folks who are paying you, it's important to make sure you are covered for anything which (hopefully never) could happen.

Lots more, but I'm not trying to be a wet blanket or dissuade folks who may be looking for what you're offering. Just pointing out some obvious stuff you or anyone who might be thinking of similar ideas should keep in mind.

Good luck,

FW

mtbr member
    Wow..... I should have thought of all of that.... thank you for the knowledge

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    haha wow... brillant business plan, that was pretty entertaining seeing you get shot down like that.

Members who have read this thread: 0