Coming to Kanab - where can I ride- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Coming to Kanab - where can I ride

Hi All,

I am going to Kanab for a work related business trip in a few weeks and thought what the hell maybe I will bring my mountain bike and take the next day off to go riding in the area. I know Zion and Bryce are nearby, but can anyone give me a great single track trail to ride that is Epic and technical near the area so I don't have to drive too far. I am looking for a good 4-6 hours ride. Thanks ahead of time to all the Utah trail experts on this forum!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Go to the Arizona forum and look up the Rainbow Rim trail. Follows the Grand canyon. I haven't found anything in Kanab area worth riding. You can also head back towards St George about 40 min and hit Little Creek and Gooseberry.

Good Luck.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    North Rim of the Grand Canyon is at approximately 8,000 feet, so Rainbow Rim typically isn't an option this time of year.

I think driving to Goose/Little Creek area is likely your closest/only option.

mtbr member
    Is Rainbow Rim available yet or still need to be late May or something ? Thinking about heading down from Park City, love St George but done it 4 times recently, came back from there this week. Vegas or Page(doesnt appear to be much there) or south seem to be the options. Wish I wouldnt have left the bikes in ST G or I could have done Moab and Fruita.

Members who have read this thread: 0