Coming down this weekend. St. G trail conditions?- Mtbr.com
    Team Sanchez

Coming down this weekend. St. G trail conditions?

Looks like we want to ride Graftong and Goose on Saturday, and then Hurricane Rim, Jem/Goulds on Sunday. By this coming weekend, how will the trails be looking?
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

I'd rather be biking...
    Trails over in in STG will be good to go. It was warm and windy today so they are going to be primo. Not sure about Hurricane trails though. I know goose/grafton still have snow on them as i'm typing this. I think the snow level is still on upper jem/goulds. I would imagine it will be all melted by the weekend.
    Of course STT will chime in soon with an update.

mtbr member
    May 2009

You Rang.......

It snowed well below 4000 feet and where it did not snow it rained a pretty good amount. The ground was still saturated.

Goose and Little Creek are blanketed in a good snowfall and will not be ready for this upcoming weekend

Prospector/Church Rocks - Yes
    Upper Prospector (Harrisburg to Cottonwood) - NO
    Icehouse - NO......going to be a week
    Goulds/JEM/Hurricane Rim - NO......going to be 7-10 days PLEASE STAY OFF THESE TRAILS
    Gooseberry - NO......a week at least
    Little Creek - NO.... takes longer than Gooseberry to dry.....

OP....You should make plans to ride on the West side of I-15 and down low.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Rode HU rim trail today @ 2pm. Couple moist spots, but mostly tacky goodness. YMMV.

Riding Zen and/or Paradise tomorrow if anyone's interested...

NOT Team Sanchez

Barrels!

Quote Originally Posted by mfshop
    Rode HU rim trail today @ 2pm. Couple moist spots, but mostly tacky goodness. YMMV.

Come hit the Barrels with us, the notorious Team Sanchez, at 7 in the morning, great way to start the day If you don't want to join us when it's cold and dark, I understand

Ben, why don't you just call me or T for updates man, where's the camaderie these days

Rode the ### tonight with my wifey to get some exercise, the trail was great, and I even bumped into one of our local pros and RBR finalist, Logan Binggeli; he is a RIPPER!!
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mfshop

Did you do an out and back from the lowere parking lot? I went a mile on the JEM and turned around... it was muddy and we would have left 3 to 4 inch tracks....not cool. Upper JEM and Upper Goulds were muddy messes before this last rain/snow.

When the upper Goulds and upper JEM get tacky instead of muddy we need to get an army out there and try to mash down the cow hoove craters. No respect for trails those cows!
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Come hit the Barrels with us, the notorious Team Sanchez, at 7 in the morning, great way to start the day If you don't want to join us when it's cold and dark, I understand

Ben, why don't you just call me or T for updates man, where's the camaderie these days

Rode the ### tonight with my wifey to get some exercise, the trail was great, and I even bumped into one of our local pros and RBR finalist, Logan Binggeli; he is a RIPPER!!

Whoa.... that 7am stuff is for summer or people who work!

Going to do Zen ths afternoon..thank you for the updates.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

Team Sanchez
    Sorry A, I wanted info from several sources, instead of asingle biased rider. Some are too conservative and others not conservative enough. Sanchez reunion ride will be Saturday morning. I'll have Twiggs send out the info later this week. Can't wait to ride!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Grafton could be a go... if the access road is not to bad. I'd like to give that a go this weekend. I;ll check it out Thursday and post up!
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

NOT Team Sanchez

Thanks STT

Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    Grafton could be a go... if the access road is not to bad. I'd like to give that a go this weekend. I;ll check it out Thursday and post up!
    Thanks for all the helpful info, you're a great resource to SW Utah. Biased El C? I'm not that biased, sure I want to keep our trails nice, but anyway our trails, STG's, are all stellar....only place that I would be wary of is the GV loop and Stucki. Stoked to ride with you Ben, it's been a long time
    I like bikes.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Thanks for all the helpful info, you're a great resource to SW Utah. Biased El C? I'm not that biased, sure I want to keep our trails nice, but anyway our trails, STG's, are all stellar....only place that I would be wary of is the GV loop and Stucki. Stoked to ride with you Ben, it's been a long time
    We're all biased one way or another. The best way to get decent trail conditions info is from a variety of sources. I'll be arriving on Friday at noon. Call me if you can ride Friday.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Over The Edge Sports, Hurricane UT Just got a call from a truck stuck in the mud on the Gooseberry road so I guess we need to give it a few more days. Hurricane Rim, Church Rocks/Prospector, Zen, Race Course Loops are all ready to go. Barrel Roll should be ready by tomorrow. Stay away from the mesas, but we will keep our eyes on Gooseberry and let you know when it's ready to go.

This is from OTE's facebook page. I want to ride Grafton/Goose, but not at such high a high cost. STG has plenty to offer though; ###, Barrels, Zen, and for mileage you can hit all the variants of Prospector.

Dude, you're sig is making me sick. I'll call you later today, I'm down hit something close to town, ### maybe?
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    I was driving through St George yesterday (Thurs) and thought I might be able to sneak in a ride on the Mesa before pushing on to Moab especially after reading some of the posts of improving conditions. I saw some rain clouds on the horizon but couldn't tell if they were going to affect me since I have never biked in the area.

I did find the road to the Mesa after dark and made it about a quarter mile before being stopped by the slimiest mud I have ever encountered. The road was definitely not good to go! It took me 30 minutes, several tumbleweeds, 4 wheel high, front air locker, and a bit of elbow grease to just back up 10 feet on the road to drier ground! I had even stopped well before any visable standing water! Next option- find a cow to attach the winch to...

No wonder someone got stuck- that soil, when wet, is crazy! Gooseberry will have to wait for another, drier day I guess. Wish I had arrived a bit earlier to stop in at OTE for updated conditions.

PS- Amasa Back was dry and fantastic this afternoon!!
    Last edited by Lactic; 03-04-2011 at 11:50 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lactic
    I was driving through St George yesterday (Thurs) and thought I might be able to sneak in a ride on the Mesa before pushing on to Moab especially after reading some of the posts of improving conditions. I saw some rain clouds on the horizon but couldn't tell if they were going to affect me since I have never biked in the area.

I did find the road to the Mesa after dark and made it about a quarter mile before being stopped by the slimiest mud I have ever encountered. The road was definitely not good to go! It took me 30 minutes, several tumbleweeds, 4 wheel high, front air locker, and a bit of elbow grease to just back up 10 feet on the road to drier ground! I had even stopped well before any visable standing water! Next option- find a cow to attach the winch to...

No wonder someone got stuck- that soil, when wet, is crazy! Gooseberry will have to wait for another, drier day I guess. Wish I had arrived a bit earlier to stop in at OTE for updated conditions.

PS- Amasa Back was dry and fantastic this afternoon!!

Yep.... sounds about right.
    Monte
    MTBR Discounts

Members who have read this thread: 0