Cliffs on Slick Rock Trail?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Cliffs on Slick Rock Trail?

So i'm headed to Moab over Memorial Day weekend, and i was wondering if anyone could confirm for me that there aren't any spots where there is exposure to steep cliffs (like i hear Porcupine Rim and Poison Spider have). I can handle technical stuff, as worst case scenario, i just hop off and walk for a few, but crazy heights scare the sh*t out of me.

Last year i was REALLY new to biking, so i did the new Intrepid Trail and Klondike Bluffs. After a season of riding the Colorado Front Range, i'm looking for something more technical, but no exposure to crazy steep cliffs (i get a bit of vertigo, and just generally freak the **** out in these situations). I'm not a crazy skilled rider, but i'd say i'm intermediate at this point. Other than Slick Rock (i've heard this one is challenging, but i'd still like to try it), any other suggestions?

mtbr member
    There are cliffs but you don't have to ride by them. You have to kind of go out of your way to ride by them.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

I'd rather be biking...
    Portal isnt bad, just hug the right shoulder and you'll be fine

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15
    Portal isnt bad, just hug the right shoulder and you'll be fine

Now thats just mean...
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    As said before on Slickrock you would have to go out of your way to ride next to any cliffs. You should be fine. Moab might not be the best place to ride if you really have that intense of a phobia, I am having trouble thinking of many other rides that are a ton of fun where you aren't next to cliffs.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mclaren880
    So i'm headed to Moab over Memorial Day weekend, and i was wondering if anyone could confirm for me that there aren't any spots where there is exposure to steep cliffs (like i hear Porcupine Rim and Poison Spider have). I can handle technical stuff, as worst case scenario, i just hop off and walk for a few, but crazy heights scare the sh*t out of me.
    other suggestions?
    Here's mine:

sovereign/salt wash from Willow springs road west, out salt wash and back Sovereign,

Lazy to Deadman's ridge and on down the brand spankin new lower deadmans ridge that meets up with the paved bike path.

And the new Magnificent 7 single track sections(art's corner, little cyn) out and back from'
    where little cyn meets the Gold Bar Jeep Trail.]

You'll still be grinning on Labor Day

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Alright cool, thanks! Sounds like i'll have to do that one.

Members who have read this thread: 0