City Ck / Dry Ck- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

City Ck / Dry Ck

I checked out part of the BST above City Creek Monday and it was soggy. Anybody get up there today? I'm hoping by early next week it will be rideable. And has anyone been up/down Dry Creek Canyon? Is the snow gone yet?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

City Creek and Dry creek are not ready 3-13-09

Still have pretty deep snow in a places and lotsa mud mud mud. However the trail from city creek canyon to ensign peak is clear and perfect. There is deep snow on the north facing slopes past ensign peak and heading for the radio towers, but they are only 50 yards long.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Today (03/15/09)

Thanks for the info. I was up Dry Ck. this morning, hiking with my dogs. A lot of the trail is drying, but there are still muddy patches that have been widened and badly rutted by bikers. No snow on trail, but some on N and W slopes. I'll probably give it until next weekend. If anyone reading this is going to ride, please go early in the morning while the ground is still hard from the overnight cold, and please stay on the main line. The damage is noticeably worse in some places than it was a the end of the season last year.

Members who have read this thread: 0