Cell Phone coverage in Moab/La Sal- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Cell Phone coverage in Moab/La Sal

Can any locals advise whether there is any cell phone coverage up in the La Sals? If so, what network?
    I'll be riding the Burro DH>Hazard>Koko>Porc trail with my girlfriend shuttling me to the trail head from where she'll hike up Manns Peak.
    So, we'll both be by ourselves (possibly!)

I'd like us both to have a security blanket in case either of us have an injury. If no company has coverage, can satellite phones be rented in town?

Gravity Tester
    I've had coverage from spots on LPS and down, but no experience further up. I wouldn't expect it though. As much canyoneering and stuff that goes on there, I would bet you can find sat phones for rent. Some of the Jeep places rent them for about 80.00 / day + deposit and $5.99 / minute usage fees (!)

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    From what we have been told....as long as you can "see" the La Sals you will have coverage. I have been to Moab multiple times with Sprint/ATT/TMobile phones and had OK coverage. If you are going to rely on this for your safety...maybe a sat phone would be the way to go.

mtbr member
    I have ATT and live here... Moab is fine and it's sporatic in the La Sals.
    It's not an adventure until someone BLEEDS!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I have Verizon, out there it is about 90-95% no coverage, I don't expect to have it other than downtown Moab or surrounding area. This is a bonus as only 1-2 years ago even ATT was super spotty down town...

Members who have read this thread: 0