Cedar City Trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Cedar City Trails

Anyone know of some trails in or near Cedar City that are easy to get to? I'll be visiting friends there over Thanksgiving but won't really have time to go too far so St. George isn't an option. I'm from Orange County, CA so I'd like something without too many hard climbs since I think the altitude will have a negative effect on my performance.

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmuncie1
    Anyone know of some trails in or near Cedar City that are easy to get to? I'll be visiting friends there over Thanksgiving but won't really have time to go too far so St. George isn't an option. I'm from Orange County, CA so I'd like something without too many hard climbs since I think the altitude will have a negative effect on my performance.

There is the "C" Trail, southeast of Smith's, it goes to the "C" up on the mountain. It's all climbing going up and all brakes coming down.

Red Hills Loop (Red Mountain on utahmountainbiking.com), behind the golf course, haven't ridden it in years so no idea of it's current condition.

The best cross country trail is The Three Peaks, west of town, around 20 miles of trail. It can be hard to navigate because of the illiterate ATV crowd that insists on riding on the bike only trails.

You can go to here and find maps of the trails.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    There is the "C" Trail, southeast of Smith's, it goes to the "C" up on the mountain. It's all climbing going up and all brakes coming down.
    If you can find the right local folks, there is a very decent DH trail in the vacinity of the 'C' trail. The last time I rode it, couple of years back, the entrance was hidden by a bunch of scrub oak, probably on purpose...whoops. My brother found it after walking his dog up there and noticed some footprints and bike tire tracks disappearing in the spring snow.
    It's fun, but most of the stunts are rather big: gap jumps, road gap, things like that.
    Nice thing about it is that it's long and easily shutteled. Didn't seem like it saw a lot of traffic though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hey dummy thanks for that link, lots of good info there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    +1 for Three Peaks.
    Unless yhou want to do downhill that's really the only option right now since there's snow on the mtn. I would ask that you not do the C. There's parts of it with snow and a good amount of mud now and we are expecting rain/snow for the next 3-5 days. Its a lot of clay there and anyone who rides it will just be destroying it.

Three peaks is much more sandy/gravely and dries superfast - its almost impossible to damage it even if it is wet. There are also good options for bigger or smaller loops. It can be a bit hard to follow given all the extra ATV trails. But the website dummy gave you is good.
    If you want a guided tour I'll be just hanging out over the break. Message me and I'd be happy to meet up for a ride. Geared or SS.

Members who have read this thread: 1