camping info parkcity ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

camping info parkcity ?

We will be passing through on the way to oregon and am looking for camping and riding spots in park city area "june 14th/15th" or will it be to wet snowy still for the area ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Should be somewhat rideable, I am going out tonight to see how it is, we are about 20% or so I figure, I hope that's accurate... I'll keep in my mind of a couple of possible places. Lots of hotels but few camp sites in town. Out in the Uintas about 15-20 minutes away there are a gazillion... You could always poach or parking lot poach right next to the trails but may not be what you are looking for.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    looking for forest service campgrounds. hope to be able to ride from camp. my wife and son will go to town to play in playground/swim. for couple hours. Thanks for the reply. Let me know if there is a close campsite. I went to usfs website and checked a few out also but not knowing the area it is hard to decide which one.
    Last edited by dadat40; 05-28-2008 at 02:36 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Park City RV resort. It's right next to the Glenwild trail system. (E. side of I-80, 1/2 mi N. of kimball jct exit.) www.parkcityrvresort.com
    You can also find camping in Wanship and Coalville. two small towns a few miles east on the I-80.
    Riding? No worries.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    There is a nice State Park campground at the Jordonelle Resevior a few miles from town. It will be the nicest closest camping to PC w/o driving 30+ mins.

Bonus - Spin Cycle and the rest of the Deer Crest Trails are right across the highway from the campground. Easily could ride from camp to PC singletrack via the Deer Crest trail system

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Thanks that is one place I looked into sounds like that could work . are the trail marked well enough t oget me back to town to meet up with family, is there trail maps available. lastly I hate asking tourist questions but just like to have some plans laid out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    the trails are relatively well marked in Deer Crest. Any of the local bike shops will have maps - usually just a buck or two donation for Mtn Trail Foundation. Jan's/White Pine or ColeSport. A lot of the riding in town proper really isn't signed well - there's too many little trails etc... but its not oo bad to figure your way around. especially this yr - too much snow up high for a lot of the trails

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    thanks . I am with you on the snow thing I'm ready for some warm dry weather. I live in south central colorado it is only rideable below 9500 ft or so and looks like a while before the high stuff dries out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Currently in round valley and glenwild things are pretty good. I figure in about 2-3 weeks things should be a lot more open and better. Deer Crest faces the sun so should be nice an dried out. I have been getting some great emails saying the Midway trails are in great shape (about 15 minutes down form the campsite on the Jordanelle -- great recommendation!). One reads:

I was riding and assessing the trails and let me tell you they are in awesome
    shape... Trailhead is Dutch Hollow: * The trail system has something for everyone, to the mellow
    mountain
    cruiser (Sage Loop) to the more technical riders (1000 Turns and
    Boneyard)
    * THE BARREL: For those of you who remember the original Spin
    Cycle in
    P.C. this is a MUST RIDE, very much like being on a roller coaster, no
    puking please.

Members who have read this thread: 0