camping around St. George?- Mtbr.com
    Isisrider

camping around St. George?

Hey all,
    We have been going to St. George for quite a few years, riding and climbing, in the winter time. We have usually stayed in Snow Canyon State Park campground, we did stay in Springdale one time. What are some other choices for tent camping (with showers). Anything in Hurricane?? We like Snow Canyon nice, clean, hot showers, not too far from good food in St. George, but a long way from Gooseberry. I have also camped in Virgin at the Zion River Rv resort(with the family in the RV), but quite a ways away from food.
    Any suggestions would be helpful, looking at heading down about the end of January.

thanks,
    Isisrider

Bored Carp

Why not Zion?

Pleasant camping, the park is beautiful, Sprindale has great food you can ride to, and there are showers right next to the campground, in that RV park. Super easy. Close to Gooseberry. Beer on tap w/in 100 yards of your campsite, on a nice big porch.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    It doesn't have showers but one of my favorite places to camp especially in the winter:

https://www.redcliffsdesertreserve.com/

You could always buy a SunShower.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon-UT
    You could always buy a SunShower.
    Or one of these. I used one of these on a horse pack trip this summer and never appreciated a hot shower more.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Another old thread but we are also looking for camping suggestions in the Gooseberry, Virgin & St. George area.

We'll be in a full size van, so don't need hook ups but a post ride shower is mandetory. Would also one that is quiet, eg not parked beside a RV that has a generator running all night.

Members who have read this thread: 0