Cache money riders...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Cache money riders...

Ok, sorry about the thread title, I'm not a wigger I swear...

Anyway, I would love to hit the trails as soon as they are good which should be fairly soon. I just kind of want to try and organize some rides if possible. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the trails around here. I guess I'll get everything figured out as I go. I went and hit up a trail by third dam last week after classes to check things out, not too bad, but it got muddy and there was some snow up high.

Let me know what you guys think. By the way, I'm one of the guys that goes up the hills really slow (or takes a vehicle to the top) and comes down fast but I'm up for whatever.

mtbr member
    I tried to start a ladies mountain bike ride last year. I had a good list of emails. After getting stood up twice I bagged the idea. Hope your group is better!

This site is very local, but not as active. Are you on here?
    http://www.cachetrails.com/forum/

mtbr member
    An all ladies group eh? Heck, I would have gone

I'm not really trying to start anything serious, it's just that, none of my friends mountain bike. I'm also big into paintball (play at the Harris Research field pretty much every week with my team) so if I don't go paintballing, I go biking and vice versa.

mtbr member
    What about mtbiker62? He's getting a ride together here and there.

All my friends ride, but one tore her ACL this winter and my husband had shoulder surgery. They're dropping like flies!

The Sentinel

Sounds good to me!!

Let's ride!! I'm available tomorrow evening after 4 or Saturday after 1. I'm the shortest, fattest, slowest rider in Northern Utah, so I'm always up for a slow ride up! PM me or reply here, and we'll set something up!
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    I could go tomorrow. I'm busy all day Saturday (paintball and work). I'm not sure where a good place to ride would be, if you have any suggestions I'm all ears. As far as the uphills are concerned, give me half a season on my current bike then throw me on a xc rig and I think I would cruise up the hills

Anyone else up for a ride?

The Sentinel

It looks like my plans have changed...

I got called into work today to test some software, so I'm gonna have to pass on a ride (4/21). Sorry about that. But I am usually available on Fridays (all day) and some Saturdays. Check your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55
    I could go tomorrow. I'm busy all day Saturday (paintball and work). I'm not sure where a good place to ride would be, if you have any suggestions I'm all ears. As far as the uphills are concerned, give me half a season on my current bike then throw me on a xc rig and I think I would cruise up the hills

Anyone else up for a ride?
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    That's too bad. Oh well, just means that I'll have time to build a drop that I've been wanting to build for a while now

Where are the other Cache riders?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyg55
    Where are the other Cache riders?
    Out riding the deer fence with a side trip up to the quarry in Providence Canyon.

Where were you?

Bri

mtbr member

Good job!

I'm going to attempt the first ride of my season tomorrow. Hubby is out for the count with his shoulder. Luckily his Superlight is the same exact size I ride!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker
    Out riding the deer fence with a side trip up to the quarry in Providence Canyon.

Where were you?

Bri
    lol, I don't think I would make the ride up to the quarry but it would be fun to ride down from there

BTW how was Prov canyon?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Getting to the quarry isn't that hard, only 2 miles along the Deer Fence followed by 3 miles up Providence Canyon. Take your time while sticking to first gear. Spin along and rest where it levels out some. Avoid the temptation to shift into 2nd or 3rd. Save it for that last killer hill before you drop back into Logan Dry Canyon.

Until the last half mile or so, conditions were pretty good. Near the end we had to stick to a narrow patch of hardpack/gravel along the left edge of the road. The rest of the road was covered with mud and snow.

Bri

mtbr member
    If I had a XC or all mountain bike I'm sure I could make it to the quarry (past the quarry is freaking steep though) but I only have 9 gears to go along with my ~45 pound bike. Like I said earlier I'm slow going up (as in walking speed a lot of the time) but fast coming down

Members who have read this thread: 0