Is Burro Pass Open?????????- Mtbr.com
    banned

Is Burro Pass Open?????????

I will be in Moab starting 9/1 and will be riding with 15 Whistlerites who are wanting to ride Burro back to town. Is it open this year? Last time I rode it (around 9/23/05) it had 4" of snow at the top and was closed the next day for the winter.

Riding the Kokopelli that day was quite an experience.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

????

The weather map showed a big band of moisture moving through the La Sals yesterday and today. I'm guessing it snowed up there....Poison Spider or Chili Pepper..

Team Sanchez
    I rode Burro with some buddies last Friday 9/28. It wasn't bad at all that day, but it was quite chilly at the top with a couple of Gooey spots. I think it got some significant snow on Saturday night, so we may have been the last group able to ride it this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    I rode Burro with some buddies last Friday 9/28. It wasn't bad at all that day, but it was quite chilly at the top with a couple of Gooey spots. I think it got some significant snow on Saturday night, so we may have been the last group able to ride it this year.
    Man, what a scruffy looking bunch.

A bunch of friends rode it Tuesday and got caught in rain about half way down. I bet it was snowing at the top. Probably done for the season.

El C- Thanks for hooking us up with Mark. We had a great time for sure. Pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169486...7602258258905/

JMH

Team Sanchez
    Your welcome. Nice shots of LC. Sorry I missed you guys. Let me know next time you are in town.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Great looking set. Looks like you hit all the So Utah hot spots. Little Creek, Gooseberry, Slick Rock Swamp, Hurricane Rim, and Zion. Man I love it down there.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Yeah, it's the Springfield Motivation Zone... too lazy to drive much further from the campground and the Mean Bean. If you check our other Flickr sets, you will notice that we are creatures of habit when it comes to riding down there. How many times have I done a long ride and then hiked Angel's Landing in the afternoon? That can torch a fella's legs for sure!

Mark showed us stuff on Little Creek that was super fun, probably half of it we would have missed. Plus, it's funny what sketchy stuff you will try when someone tells you it has been done before! That was awesome. He was extremely patient and was the perfect mellow guide contrasted to our retarded group of hooligans.

Okay, thread hijack over. Back to the original topic... I think Burro is done for the year.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Great looking set. Looks like you hit all the So Utah hot spots. Little Creek, Gooseberry, Slick Rock Swamp, Hurricane Rim, and Zion. Man I love it down there.

mtbr member
    Okay, thread hijack over. Back to the original topic... I think Burro is done for the year.

JMH
    Yeah, which is a shame... 'cause that ride is off the charts. I rode it with El Chingnon and Team Sanchez last Friday and I loved it. (Which mike did you ride with on Little Creek?)

Sorry Trail doc.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Mark? I believe he masquerades as Can'tGetRight here on MTBR.

There was Mike Metzger on the LC ride, though. He is the large fellow in the General Lee sleeveless jersey that delighted in dropping huge flat tabletops and barspins off of just about every other bump in the trail. Really good freerider for Transition, check him out on the Drop In episode in Utah or go to Transition's website and check the gallery pics. Scary.

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Yeah, which is a shame... 'cause that ride is off the charts. I rode it with El Chingnon and Team Sanchez last Friday and I loved it. (Which mike did you ride with on Little Creek?)

Sorry Trail doc.

mtbr member
    Man, what a scruffy looking bunch.

A bunch of friends rode it Tuesday and got caught in rain about half way down. I bet it was snowing at the top. Probably done for the season.

El C- Thanks for hooking us up with Mark. We had a great time for sure. Pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169486...7602258258905/

JMH
    We got a shuttle up on 10/12, which very well a have been the last one. Had a great day conditions were perfect. I love that ride!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enduroist
    Mar 2007
    Great pic, it always looks doable until you get there in person, and then .

Members who have read this thread: 0