bunker creek ,thunder mountain shuttle points- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

bunker creek ,thunder mountain shuttle points

best shuttle points for thunder mountain and bunker creek? keep in mind we won't know the area and dont want to get lost tryin to find the second vehicle. least amount of climbing involved also. have a big day(miles) of riding planned so the less climbing the better .

1/4 semi-pro
    yuo can park at the exit of bunker creek next to the cyanon road.
    not anti-bobsled

mtbr member
    Panguitch Lake is just a short spin down the road from where the exit on Bunker Creek drops you off. Still even that is an hour drive to the bottom of Thunder Mtn.

And the drive from Panguitch Lake up to the top of Brian's Head to the start of Sydney Peaks trail (which gets you to either of the Bunker Creek options) isn't that short unless you've got some horsepower to get up the hill.

I'd rather be biking...
    Bunker creek. Top shuttle would be at the trailhead on the peak and bottom would be where you get spit out onto hwy 143 i believe or just ride down to the general store at Panguitch lake.

Thunder mountain top shuttle could be the junction of hwy 12 and coyotow hollow road(top of red canyon) or continue on the dirt road to actual trail head.The bottom pick up would be the bottom of red canyon where the trail comes out. Pretty self explanatory if you can read a map.

Members who have read this thread: 0