Is Bunker Creek ridable?- Mtbr.com
    Over the Hill

Is Bunker Creek ridable?

A group of us from So-Cal are heading to Huricane on Friday then over to Thunder Mountain on Saturday. We are hoping some of the high altitude stuff around Brainshead is open for a Sunday ride. Bunker Creek, Navajo Lake, Virgin Rim; what's thier status, we here Bunker Creek is full of deadfall.

To early for the shuttles to be running?

Dean

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    A group of us from So-Cal are heading to Huricane on Friday then over to Thunder Mountain on Saturday. We are hoping some of the high altitude stuff around Brainshead is open for a Sunday ride. Bunker Creek, Navajo Lake, Virgin Rim; what's thier status, we here Bunker Creek is full of deadfall.

To early for the shuttles to be running?

Dean
    I drove by Parowan on I-15 yesterday and it looked like there's still a lot of snow on Brian Head. I bet the high altitude rides will be snowbound for a while yet. Thunder mountain should certainly be open and there's always Gooseberry, Little Creek and the JEM close to Hurricane. If anyone has actually ridden up high this year, let us know.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Folks have been riding Thunder Mtn for close to a month or better and the Virgin River Rim Trail from Strawberry Point to Navajo was ridden last week by a couple of folks. No snow, no mud, no tracks, but a couple of tree's. Not sure about anything closer to the Brian Head area but would suspect also that snow is still an issue.
    Another great ride but not Utah has also been seeing some use and is snow free, the Rainbow Rim Trail down on the Kaibab Plateau.

NMBP
    I rode Navajo on Saturday. North side is good and we cleared one tree that was down. We rode up Teah and cleared maybe 6 trees off the trail. There were probably 4 or 5 that were way too big for our folding saw. Down the Lodge trail was mostly clear, with some snow patches that are probably gone by now. We turned around at that point and rode clockwise back around to the service road. We rode the east end a week ago and it was mostly clear. I would imagine there are lots of trees down on the remainder of the south side (behind the campgrounds), but not much snow left.

I would guess there is lots on dead fall on Bunker (Left and Right) from Sydney Valley overlook down to the start of the double track. I haven't heard when the USFS is going to start clearing the trails.

NMBP
    Looks like Brianhead got a little snow this morning: http://www.brianhead.com/resort/webcams.html

Team Sanchez
    I will be up in Brian Head this weekend. but I'm going to drive down the mt. to do any rides. Goose and Little Creek.

Members who have read this thread: 0