Bryce canyon rides- Mtbr.com
    locked - time out

Bryce canyon rides

Hello People.

So I have seen pictures of the HooDoo's and people riding around there. I'm hooked! Gotta ride out by them. Can some of you help me out. I have never been to that part of UT so any information you could share would help. I would like to ride Goosberry Mesa but the wife is recovering from a broken ankle. ( sept '06) Would like some easier recomendations as well.

Please help plan this trip. Gonna be heading out last week of March. 24-1st.

Thank.

No, that's not phonetic
    You are thinking about the Thunder Mountain area. It is at 7,000 or 8,000 feet elevation and will very likely be under a huge pile of snow in late March. Too bad, the place is AWESOME!

"Easier" rides in the Gooseberry area would be the Hurricane Rim / Goulds / JEM loop and Stucki Springs / Bearclaw Poppy. Check Utahmountainbiking.com for info.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Feb 2007
    Gooseberry is unique in that your wife could ride up the center of the mesa on the dirt road (The White Trail) and you could ride the loops both north and south of the road...meeting at the "point". Thunder Mountain usually doesn't open up until May. However, there is a paved trail that runs parallel to Hwy 12 up Red Canyon. It is a beautiful ride, but not mountain biking. Check out mountainbikebuddies.com.

locked - time out
    Thanks for the help.

TS. It was your picks that inspired the trip out that way. We are still planning to head to St george but will likely have to return in the later part of summer to ride the Hoodoo's / thunder mtn.

Thanks guys for the help.

Any lodging advice??? Want somthing off the beaten path. Maybe a cabin / somthing a little rustic but clean.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Ruby's Inn has cabins, but you probably have to reserve now to insure you get one. Definitely ON the beaten path though, as it is right outside the Park.

If you like camping, the Red Canyon campground is awesome, quiet and convenient even in the middle of summer as trillions of people crowd the Park a few miles away.

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9169486...7594255034000/

JMH

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Thanks for the help.

TS. It was your picks that inspired the trip out that way. We are still planning to head to St george but will likely have to return in the later part of summer to ride the Hoodoo's / thunder mtn.

Thanks guys for the help.

Any lodging advice??? Want somthing off the beaten path. Maybe a cabin / somthing a little rustic but clean.

Members who have read this thread: 0