Broken Mesa Rim Trailhead- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Broken Mesa Rim Trailhead

Hi All,

Anyone know if Cottonwood Road is open? It looks like they're doing construction on middleton drive...

Also, wondering how the ride from broken mesa to mill creek is. I rode out on mill creek a bit before it started turning really sandy. not fun. thanks!

Feb 2007
    I'm not sure exactly where Cottonwood Road is...I live at the bottom of the Broken Mesa Trail near the Green Springs Golf Course.

I drove up Middleton Drive this evening to see what is going on with the roads. It's been a few weeks since I have ridden Broken Mesa. Anyway the upper part of Middleton Drive is still closed. I'm not sure they will ever make it a through street again. The best way now to get to the Trail Head from Washington is to head towards St George on the new parkway (I can't remember is it is Red Hills Parkway or Red Cliffs)...just past the golf course turn right on Twin Lakes Road, heading straight up the hill. There is a road closed sign, but it was open tonight, and quite a few cars going up it. At the crest of the hill ...head up the Turkey Farm Road to the trail head. (Be sure to take the left fork at the one junction that you will come to, or you will end up at the turkey farm). If you want someone to shuttle you to the top rather than grinding up the 6 miles give mountainbikebuddies.com a call.

I am hoping that more people ride Broken Mesa this year, after the fire last year the trail could use more use. Be careful, the basault and vocanic rocks are sharp.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I rode the trail a week ago and was able to drive to the water tower just fine.

Oct 2005

Middleton

I think the "road closed" signs you are seeing is actually for Middleton Drive. Cottonwood is OK...or at least it has been all winter.

I guess there is they are doing some fairly major work on Middleton, though.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the info. My first time up that way. Rode the trail yesterday & it kicked my butt. I'm in need of a new bike!

I railed it like Kong
    We ae riding it again this Saturday the 3rd as a shuttle run if you are interested in going again. Let me know and i'll give you the specifics
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Members who have read this thread: 0