Broke Back Bobsled; A 2Mc9'er Retrospect- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

Broke Back Bobsled; A 2Mc9'er Retrospect

Before I get into my Bobsled TwentyMcNiner Retrospect some good news: Chumley found the lost nickle from the other day's Red Dragon Bobsled Shuttle Fest 2010! So as of Sunday that trail is free and clear of any fat kids laying on the ground digging through all the pea gravel.

The Retrospective:

The media will have you believe that in order to be a real man, you and a buddy need to pitch a small 2 person tent high in the mountains. Share a sleeping bag and whisper sweet nothings into each others ears all night long and then get all wierd about it at breakfast the next morning. Or just push your heavy DH bike along with your full face helmet for a couple of miles only to ride one of the smoothest trails in the Wasatch. Really there's no difference.

I'm here to tell you that a real man pedals a heavy steel hardtail to the top. Puts 40 psi in a 2.1 Maxxis Aspen XC race tire and then tries to keep up with a group on 6+inches of travel.

Now I've read that TwentyMcNiners are 10% better than the inferior wheel at rolling over felled weeds, stones, small branches and those little brown bags of dog poop that are left all over the Shoreline. But when you've got a steed such as mine, it's actually 11% better.

Unlike my small wheeled riding partners, I was able to ride 11% more of the Bobsled, 11% longer. I stood and pedaled 11% of the time. Used my brakes 11% more often. My hands ached 11% longer. I spent 11% more time picking my lines. And I was able to ride through 11% of each stunt.

Basically, my experience was 11% better.

So to all the guys on their fancy new blingy white 951's, Cove Shockers, Kona Stinky's and Santa Cruz Bromads getting all Broke Back up there, I say man up. Quit dumbing down the experience with your flacid bikes. I think it's great you take 8 inches in the rear, but does that really define a man??

Oh, BTW: On Sunday I lost a large piece of gauze, some medical tape and .00034 oz of Neosporin right after the creek gap. I think it was lost right in the vicinity of some guy's face.

If anyone finds it, please let me know.

Nice busted up janky lens free shades. Did you get those on Craigslist?
    Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 04-26-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Homer's problem child
    OH SNAP! Way to speed-bag a guy in the balls when he's down jerk.

Lesson learned: Switching to clipless pedals for early season hucking may not be the best idea when you've been on flats for years.

Heal up Mr. Guyinthephotobleedingoutyourface...
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Bortis Yelltzen
    OH SNAP! Way to tea-bag a guy when he's down jerk.

Lesson learned: Switching to clipless pedals for early season hucking may not be the best idea when you've been on flats for years.

Heal up Mr. Guyinthephotobleedingoutyourface...
    Oh, he's a tough little camper. He'll spring back to life in no time. He'll be hitting this again before the scabs fall off and I'll be sitting on the sidelines on my dainty bike watching with my industrial field medical kit (snake bite kit not included) at the ready.

I've heard of guys who are hard on wheels, but not hard on helmets.
    Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 04-26-2010 at 09:19 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0