Brits in Hurricane- Mtbr.com
    Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006

Brits in Hurricane

Having enjoyed a great trip to the area last year four of us arrived in town today and kicked off with Goulds, Jem, Hurrican Rim. We are at Red Canyon tomorrow then back in town for Barrel/Zen and possible Church Rocks Tuesday. Weather permitting, It is Brian Head on Wednesday and hiking in Zion Thursday. We want to get onto Gooseberry, then Guac & Slickrock and also Little Creek, perhaps on Sunday. There is some flexiblity with these if anyone wants to join us.
    Growing old is mandatory - growing up is optional

Gravity Tester
    Grrr. You're there a week early for me. Enjoy.

mtbr member
    Oh know the brits are in town. Watch out for these guys, they were in AZ last year and messed all the trails up. Just joking, good times with these guys!!! see ya in sedonuts Tor-y-foel.
    SHITBIRD

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Ha ha helimech - more like the trails messed us up Look forward to seeing ya next week.

The trip is going well - did Dark Hollow and Blow Hard yesterday - brilliant sunny day, blazing yellow aspens, temps in mid 60's and bone dry trails with lots of flow. All adds up to one of the best days on a bike ever

We hiked the Narrows at Zion today but back on the bikes tomorrow. Its another hot one but we may try for the Goose as there is a rain risk now for the weekend - boo. Won't help the Rampage just down the road if that happens. We are figuring an early start one day to enable us to go to watch.

If anyone that knows it would like to ride Little Creek with us at the weekend that would be appreciated. We found our way around most of it last year but it was a little laborious without local knowlege

Gravity Tester
    [QUOTE= - did Dark Hollow and Blow Hard yesterday - brilliant sunny day, blazing yellow aspens, temps in mid 60's and bone dry trails with lots of flow. All adds up to one of the best days on a bike ever[/QUOTE]

Did you use two hire cars for a shuttle or did you find a commercial service? I'll be there in about 4 days and would like to do a Dark Hollow / Bunker Creek shuttle. Thinking of using Georg's.

mtbr member
    I was driving back from Gooseberry on Wednesday. I saw a group of about 8 or 9 riders riding on the road coming up from Hurricane on their way towards Zions. Was that you guys? It looked like a lot of road riding on mtn bikes.

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss
    Did you use two hire cars for a shuttle or did you find a commercial service? I'll be there in about 4 days and would like to do a Dark Hollow / Bunker Creek shuttle. Thinking of using Georg's.
    Yes, we used two cars. We have a minivan as main transport for the trip and picked up a small car at ST George Airport for the day to do the shuttles. It allows two runs (in fac three would have been possible with an earlier start) and makes for a relatively easy day compared to climbing with the bikes.

Hope the weather improves for you - you can check at Georg's bike shop for trail conditions after rain. Blow Hard has clay sections that are a nightmare when wet.

"I saw a group of about 8 or 9 riders riding on the road coming up from Hurricane "

Not us - there are only four of us and we won't be expending unecessary energy on the road

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor-y-Foel
    If anyone that knows it would like to ride Little Creek with us at the weekend that would be appreciated. We found our way around most of it last year but it was a little laborious without local knowlege
    A group of us will be meeting Sunday morning (10/5/08) 11:00 at Over The Edge in Hurricane. The current plan is to ride Little Creek. You are welcome to join us.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Many thanks for the invitation Crash - our current plan is to go a little earlier with a view to making time to see some Rampage. However, it is still raining so it looks like the weather will dictate tomorrow If it still looks so wet in the morning that we need to wait a whileyou may well see us - if not pleaase don't wait around.

It would be useful if you can comment on our chances of getting a minvan up to Little Creek in the morning - I seem to remember the road was mostly quite hard and gravelled but some local input would be welcome.

NMBP
    Many thanks for the invitation Crash - our current plan is to go a little earlier with a view to making time to see some Rampage. However, it is still raining so it looks like the weather will dictate tomorrow If it still looks so wet in the morning that we need to wait a whileyou may well see us - if not pleaase don't wait around.

It would be useful if you can comment on our chances of getting a minvan up to Little Creek in the morning - I seem to remember the road was mostly quite hard and gravelled but some local input would be welcome.
    Usually if the road is in too bad of shape to be driven, the trail is in too bad of shape to be ridden. It has been so dry that the road should be OK and the trail also, except possibly the big loop, which doesn't have quite as much slick rock.

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Hey - it was good to see you guys out there today. The road and trail were all good and the weather perfect for riding and views. A nice way to end our week in SW Utah On to Arizona tomorrow but already trying to figure out how to get back to Utah for another visit.

NMBP
    Hey - it was good to see you guys out there today. The road and trail were all good and the weather perfect for riding and views. A nice way to end our week in SW Utah On to Arizona tomorrow but already trying to figure out how to get back to Utah for another visit.
    Good to meet you guys. Little was fabulous yesterday.

Enjoy Rainbow Rim, it is a beautiful ride. Looks like the weather will be great.

Here is a little guy we saw on the trail yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brit on a trip
    Nov 2006
    Hey crash - we saw one of those on the Goose and another today on Supermoto at Flag.

Weather has been fantastic the last few days - bright and sunny but comfortable temps - Rainbow Rim was good and the shuttling worked well - it would have been a hard day if we had done an out and back.

We got into Flag early yesterday and had a little preview ride, followed by a monster day out today. Nearly thirty miles and two damaged tyres - early nights all round now in order

Headed south for Sedona tomorrow

Members who have read this thread: 0