brigham city- Mtbr.com

Thread: brigham city

Aug 2004

brigham city

Does anybody know anywhere cool i could ride near brigham city, hopefully some downhill.

The Sentinel

Yes...I know lots of cool places!

I live up in Tremonton, and have been riding around here since 1987. Send me a PM, and we'll talk.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

Isisrider

rides near Brigham

There are some trails up on the mountains around the "B" and the "I". Also there is a single track trail system that leads up to Mantua on the south side ot the canyon with about 12 stream crossings(bridges). And if you don't want to come back down the singletrack from Mantua there is some double track on the north side of the canyon. Sherwood also has some great trails, although I was up there the other day and the grass is getting really tall, better wait for fall for this one.
    All of these rides are great, I usually ride these a couple of times a week, but they are not all down hill, but the climbs make the downhill that much sweeter.
    Isisrider

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Perry Canyon

My in-laws live in Perry, while visiting I stumbled acrossed a trail that goes up Perry canyon. It starts at the gate to the gravel pit and climbs up the dirt road usually crowded with ATV's. Just as the road briefly turns north and dips down to cross over the stream to the north side of the canyon there is a single track trail that takes off to the right. Bring your legs because it is a very good climb with some technical switchbacks and long drop offs if you mess up on the way down. When I rode it I ran into an older gentleman (70 years old) who in his free time has been cutting the trail (He also made the trails on the south side of the canyon going up to Mantua). He plans to connect to the Williard peak road so that he can ride down from Willard Peak without running into ATV's.