Brianhead trail conditions- Mtbr.com

Jul 2006

Brianhead trail conditions

Does anyone have an idea of when they will be rideable. I'm talking about the DH trails like Darkhollow..etc. They're answering machine says that they don't open until the end of June. Just wondering if there is any chance of getting up there June 9/10th.

I railed it like Kong
    I've heard of a couple of them already rideable with no snow.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Over the Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkon
    I've heard of a couple of them already rideable with no snow.
    Can you be a little more specific?

Dean

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstepper
    Can you be a little more specific?

Dean
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    THERE IS NO WAY Dark HOLLOW IS Ridable............WE went on Saturday and there was a TON of snow!!!!!!!!!!!!! some one said it was clear so we gave it a try......WE wERE WALKING THROUGH SNOW up TO OUR CHEST!!!! I pictures to prove it.......
    DONT GO!!
    I WOULD SAY MID JUNE....20th...ish.....
    Dark Hollow is one of the best rides, and we walked it first for the season....Lucky us : (

Brian Head is the highest elevated resort in Utah. hence the reason DeerValley opens before Brian Head....
    DeerValley Opens the 14th of JUNE

I railed it like Kong
    I was listening in on a conversation and not really paying attention to the 2 trails they said were clear. Sorry
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Jul 2006
    Does anyone have any other ideas for some decent DH shuttle-able trails? It's getting a little hot here in Las Vegas and I'm able to get over there on the second weekend in June.

Team Sanchez
    If you guys are coming all the way from Vegas, you will want to hit the shuttle trails in the Virgin area. Grafton Mesa, Flying Monkey and the IT trail.

Team Sanchez
    Give it two weeks. If you don't mind hiking though a mile of snow on the peak go now or do some of the lower ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    they usually open by the end of june 26 or later, but it's very muddy then, so count on that

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    I'll be up there during the week of June 25. Hope it's all clear by then.
    If not biking, then what?

mtbr member

sure doesn't look like much snow...

is left to me. http://www.brianhead.com/summer/webcams.html

I'll bet both Bunker Creek trails are rideable. They have a more south/southwest aspect. Give a call to the FS office in Cedar City to see if they've been cleared of deadfall.

Jul 2006
    Ok so I guess I'll be out there on opening weekend, 23rd/24th. Hope it's not toooo packed. Anyone have any suggestions for lodging. I just want the cheapest/closest to the mountain. But mainly cheapest. All riding none of the fluf this time. thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I always go camping there (make a right before GEORGE"S) can't get cheaper than that! just be ready to a "very muddy ride" specially the shuttle runs.......

NMBP
    I was in Sidney Valley last Sunday, and yesterday. A lot of snow has melted in the last week. There was a fresh blow down at the Sydney Valley overlook, but it isn't blocking the trail. I would guess there will be trees across Right and Left Fork of Bunker, but they are probably mostly ridable. Right now the mountain is very dry, trails are extremely dusty for this early in the season.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    I was in Sidney Valley last Sunday, and yesterday. A lot of snow has melted in the last week. There was a fresh blow down at the Sydney Valley overlook, but it isn't blocking the trail. I would guess there will be trees across Right and Left Fork of Bunker, but they are probably mostly ridable. Right now the mountain is very dry, trails are extremely dusty for this early in the season.
    rode both bunkers and dark hollow yesterday both clear

Members who have read this thread: 0