Brianhead Rides for Colo Crew passin thru?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Brianhead Rides for Colo Crew passin thru?

Gotta crew passing thru Brian head on the way to interbike. Hoping that we'll actually be able to ride something in Brianhead this time (always snowed out other trips).

Saw there was a chance it may snow out there, but if it doesn't, can I get some recommendations? Probably going to schedule a shuttle and would like a nice mix of technical downhill, singletrack and all the usual good stuff!

We're all riding 6" trail bikes, so we like the techy stuff, but we're not afraid to pedal 'em if there's a good payoff there somewhere!!

Thanks!

I railed it like Kong
    The 2 to ride are Bunker Creek or Dark Hollow. Bunker is alot more pedaling, longer trail, great singletrack, more flowy. Dark Hollow is rocky, technical, rocky, and shorter. It just depends on what you are feeling that day. Both are worth the shuttle fee.

Blow Hard is another ride but is heinous when wet. Nothing but clay. Check conditions before a attempting that one.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

mtbr member
    Bunker Creek is the classic ride, I prefer the Left Fork over the Right Fork. I've really never cared for Dark Hollow all that much. I'd rather do both the Right and Left fork of Bunker Creek. Every time I go to BH it's always been too wet to ride Blow Hard, but I'm anxious to ride it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Bunker Creek is the classic ride, I prefer the Left Fork over the Right Fork. I've really never cared for Dark Hollow all that much. I'd rather do both the Right and Left fork of Bunker Creek. Every time I go to BH it's always been too wet to ride Blow Hard, but I'm anxious to ride it.
    Anyone know how long Blowhard takes to dry out? Looks like they might get some moisture tomorrow... I won't be riding there until Wednesday next week.... and it looks like it's going to be clear and warm all week.

Is it possible to bag all three in a day? Blowhard, Dark Hollow, and Left Fork Bunker Creek? The riding part looks doable but don't know how long it takes to coordinate and meet and ride with the shuttle service.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

Members who have read this thread: 0