Brianhead ride report- Mtbr.com
    Team Sanchez

Brianhead ride report

Just got back from a weekend of riding at BH. Our group of 4 guys and their wives arrived up there on Friday at about noon. We managed to squeeze in one run down the right fork of Bunker, and then one run down Blowhard. Bunker Creek is in primo condition, with the exception of three small snow patches, and one fallen tree at the top. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. Blowhard had a couple of big patches of snow at the top, and one muddy section in the middle, and at the bottom, the trail has been washed away by what looked like a small mud slide, but still very fun. On Saturday, we rode the right fork of Bunker again, and then the left fork in the afternoon. The left fork is in great shape, and funner in my opinion than the right fork. Here's a shot of Curt in full lycra.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brass Nipples!
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Here's a shot of Curt in full lycra.
    Dixie Desert team jersey, woo hoo!
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

Young, Shawn Young
    Awesome! Good to hear the trails are in good condition. 4 or 5 of us from vegas headed up there july 30-31. Where did you guys stay overnight if you dont mind me asking?

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Apr 2004

Hope

We ran up there from St. George on Sunday. We rode the Scout Camp Loop Trail with the Mosquito Lane added on just to scope out the trail conditions before bringing friends up. Please make note: Bring Mosquito Repellent.

Questions: We are thinking of taking some friends up, we want to take the bikes to the top with the lift and connect enough trails to ride to the bottom somewhere, possibly leaving a truck as a shuttle. Which trails would you link together that would not be to aggressive on the downhill (more xc than downhill runs) but give the best overall experience.

Team Sanchez
    We stayed at a place called the Chateau Village. The condos were nice. Slept 8 comfortably. Pool, Hot tub, and place to wash the bikes. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    We stayed at a place called the Chateau Village. The condos were nice. Slept 8 comfortably. Pool, Hot tub, and place to wash the bikes. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
    Thanks El! Just curious, are the pools and jacuzzis available all night? Also, I notice check in is after 3pm. Was it busy up there? Thanks

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Team Sanchez
    The pool was open til 10:00pm according to the sign, be we were in there til midnight one night and noone hassled us. The Hot tub is open til midnight, but once again, noone enforces it. The weekend we were up there, there was a Harley ralley going on, so it was pretty busy up there. The weekend of August 6th is nationals, so again, it will be busy up there. Check in is at 3:00pm, but they let us in at noon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twinzen
    We ran up there from St. George on Sunday. We rode the Scout Camp Loop Trail with the Mosquito Lane added on just to scope out the trail conditions before bringing friends up. Please make note: Bring Mosquito Repellent.

Questions: We are thinking of taking some friends up, we want to take the bikes to the top with the lift and connect enough trails to ride to the bottom somewhere, possibly leaving a truck as a shuttle. Which trails would you link together that would not be to aggressive on the downhill (more xc than downhill runs) but give the best overall experience.
    Throw in Lowder Ponds, climb up Sydney Valley Rd, and then do one of the Bunker Creeks if your doing a shuttle. That makes for a more xc experience.

Apr 2004

linking trails

Quote Originally Posted by rockman
    Throw in Lowder Ponds, climb up Sydney Valley Rd, and then do one of the Bunker Creeks if your doing a shuttle. That makes for a more xc experience.
    What trail combo would you suggest if we did not want to shuttle but still take the lifts up, leaving our vehicle at the parking lot.

We would like to do Lowder Ponds as suggested but still work our way back down to our vehicle at the parking lot (bottom of lift). Which trail works it's way down the slope without running into freeride drops.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twinzen
    What trail combo would you suggest if we did not want to shuttle but still take the lifts up, leaving our vehicle at the parking lot.

We would like to do Lowder Ponds as suggested but still work our way back down to our vehicle at the parking lot (bottom of lift). Which trail works it's way down the slope without running into freeride drops.
    I haven't ridden any of the trails in the resort but I don't think any of them have drops or I'm sure you could avoid them. Rather than riding all the way back up the Sydney Peaks trail you might want to consider doing the bit of Dark Hollow and then the Scout Camp loop back to the ski area base. That would make a fine loop with Lowder Ponds thrown in.